“Chef with a bad palate”
Review of Trilussa - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Spanish
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I ordered what appeared to be the special chicken dish on the menu - chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella, spinach and proscuitto over pasta with vegetables. The servers were trying to take away our salad course a couple of times before we were ready so I had the feeling that our main courses were already cooked and waiting. Sure enough, they appeared as soon as the salad was gone. My chicken was dry, tough and tasteless and the whole dish was sorely lacking flavor. I sent it back and asked for something else. The poor server came back and said the chef had tasted it and it was exactly right; therefore he was refusing to make me anything else. My husband, (we were celebrating 15 years together that night btw), sat and ate his entree - paella with sausage and (dry) chicken, while I watched him because I couldn't have another dish. I cook a lot myself and I know that chicken is one of the most difficult meats to keep moist due to the low fat content; however, it's unforgivable that a professional chef does not know this and does not recognize a dry piece of meat when he tastes it. Obviously, we're not going back.

3  Thank AimeCuisiner

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I haven't made up my mind. I've eaten there twice, once my meal was a total showstopper and made me feel like I was back in Italy, and the other time it missed the mark.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 4, 2006

This restaurant serves flavorful and creative meals. Each dish is prepared upon order by the Italian chef, so it comes out hot and fresh. The wine list includes many hard to find Italian imports. I would reccomend this to anyone if you are up for a bit of a wait. This is a perfect date place. The avocado salad and fileto de manzo are superb.

A TripAdvisor Member
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Can't believe the two positive reviews I read for this restaurant. I ate there about a year ago and have not been back since, despite the fact that it is within walking distance of my home. The service was slow, the food was undercooked, and the atmosphere was awful...hot, overcrowded and noisy.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member