“Fun, delicious drinks and food!”
Review of Lucha Tigre

Lucha Tigre
Ranked #40 of 296 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Fun, delicious drinks and food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Excellent fresh drinks, super fun atmosphere and the food is delicious. Surprised to find this in Chapel Hill but it's very relaxed, hip and fun atmosphere was great. Drinks/cocktails are a must. Food is great too -- lots of flavor, interesting mix of different flavors done really well. Service is very friendly and engaging. Definitely will be back whenever I'm in town!

• Visited December 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Something different!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Lucha Tigre is billed as an Asian/Latin fusion restaurant and it’s exactly that. It’s got an eclectic menu that was exactly what I’ve come to care for in a good restaurant, and that’s lots of variety with a cheap price tag. I was tempted by the tortas (the chorizo and avocado sounded drool-worthy) but wanted to try something different, so I got a chorizo and potato taco and an Asian pulled pork empanada. The empanada was wonderfully made but could have used extra flavor. Despite that it was still a great menu item. The chorizo taco was messy but delicious and I loved the soft-shell taco. My husband got the mu shu pork and the bulgogi taco – again, both were perfectly made. We got a side of guacamole as well and got them to let us try both varieties – chipotle pepita and sake ginger. We loved the chip variety too, they give you tortilla chips, sweet potato chips, and wonton chips to dip. So good!

The restaurant is small but is stylish and modern, lots of dark wood and cool lights/art on the inside and a small patio for a sunny afternoon lunch. I can't believe it took us so long to try this place and I can definitely see us eating here a lot in the future!

• Visited May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Too loud”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went on one Friday night and this place was a great place to have drinks and catch up with friends. I went on another Friday night, and they had a DJ blaring music that totally ruined the atmosphere. My friends had to yell in an attempt to be heard over the noise. The food is decent and the service was great, so I wanted to leave a great review. But why have a DJ at 9pm blasting loud music when everyone in there is trying to eat and talk with people? It's not a dance club, and unfortunately my last experience will probably make me avoid this place in the future.

• Visited February 2014
“Wonderful everything!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was amazed by this place once again! Service was great, and (although I got takeout) the food was delicious. Will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
Graham, North Carolina
“HOW did we miss this place??!!#@**!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My best friend and I happened upon "Lucha Tigre" today, thinking we were going to Foster's yet again. What a GREAT discovery! She had the guacamole which was the best ever, sprinkled with pomegranate seeds!!! Our entrees were the roasted poblano corn empanada and the red curry chicken empanada (me);she had the "Taco Pick 2" with mu shu pork and beef bulgogi. Utterly scrumptious! MY OH MY! I *could* have ordered at least SIX drinks from their unique bar menu, but since we had to go back to work....(just wait until I return AFTER work!!) As if we were not already favorably impressed, I asked our waiter if they had tres leches cake. THEY DID...and it was incredible! I can't believe Lucha Tigre just celebrated their year anniversary and feel so sad to think of how many great meals I've missed. Cannot wait to go again!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sara and Hank W

Been to Lucha Tigre? Share your experiences!