“What a great find!”
Review of Elements

Reserve with OpenTable
Elements is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 307 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Raleigh Road
Transit: Accessible via the Chapel Hill Transit on east 54.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Wow is all I can say. Family run. Dad is the chef, daughter was bartender. Great and unusual drinks(black pepper martini!), really fresh oysters and the tuna 3 ways was just as good as the California Grill at Disney! Loved the interaction with the staff. So friendly and helpful and excited about food! We will return for a full meal the next time we are in the Hill!

1  Thank EDDY-H

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Located in a strip mall. Parking a little difficult to find.

Modern ambience, hardwood floors and walls. Fairly noisy.

Our waiter Shivan was attentive and informative.

Mussels appetizer was excellent. The wife had bacon wrapped scallops, my mother had bouillabaise, and I had leg of lamb. Preparation time was about 20', presentation was very nice. That said, all three entrees lacked something in the way of seasoning, and were unexpectedly bland, particularly in comparison to the spicy and tasty mussels appetizer. My mother was able to eat only a few bites of her bouillabaise. Shivan was kind enough to offer to bring her a different entree, and, when she didn't want to order a new entree after the rest of us had eaten, he offered to bring her a free dessert.

I will assume that the kitchen was just having an off night, and would probably give this restaurant one more try, in view of the other positive reviews it has received.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had an upscale, artully displayed meal at Elements. This restaurant has an Asian flare, with the locavore movement inspiring the chef, in an urban style setting. Our round table was quite large for 6 and could have seated 10 with it's center lazy Susan. I think we had the only table set up like this. It was fun to share appetizers and desserts and swing it around to your dining mates. Everyone's meal was great from the tile fish, the prawns, diablo chicken etc. I only marked it down from a five because our large table did not allow me to hear the others across from me and it was overall a bit noisy. The servers were really working hard - sweating and moving quickly. It is a great place for a special night out. We saw several groups who were clearly heading out to a formal event.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Having previously been to Elements for dinner, I was anxious to have lunch there. Our group of women took up several tables on a Friday; the diverse Asian and contemporary menu ranged from soup or salad, to a steak sandwich, shrimp choices, and Saigon or Korean Noodle as well as tuna prepared with bacon or vegetarian style. Everyone was impressed with the food presentation – the bowls and contemporary rectangle plates with beautifully arranged foods were works of art.

My choice was the shrimp risotto, a mix of shrimp, squash, peas and rice in a creamy mushroom sauce, fashioned with two curled pieces of crispy rice paper. Two of my friends at the table ordered the walnut prawns: large crispy shrimp over cabbage, accompanied with rice, and each prawn topped with a candied walnut,. My regret was that all the plates looked so beautiful and I neglected to take photos.

We all opted for dessert. While some ordered crème brulee, I chose the banana spring rolls. These were chunks of sweetened banana in crisp pastry with a cream sauce, and accompanied by ice cream. I asked that the menu flavored ice cream be changed to ginger, which came with another dessert, and the waiter agreed. The unique looking plate was an extremely tasty dessert. Unusual flavors and unique food combinations are a hallmark of this specialty restaurant. The menus depend a great deal on local foods, and are changed frequently, so each visit can be a treasure hunt.

1  Thank GundlachB
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went here for the first time since Michael opened
Wonderful ambiance..Hip cool and fresh and love the outdoor space
food was not the same quality as his previous restaurant but still great .