“Daily Specals to Die For...”

Flair Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #43 of 293 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Daily Specals to Die For...”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Once again, our favorite Friday night dinner spot met our expectations and then some. My favorite wait, Lyle, was working and I always look to him to give me a recommendation on the daily special. Chef Sam's special last night was Beer-Braised Pork Ragu over Polenta. Lyle definitely recommended it, and that was good enough for me! I could not have been happier. It was a hearty dish served with big chunks of lean pork, tender enough that they shredded beautifully. The sauce was rick and fabulous, I could feel virtuous about eating a few sauteed vegetables, and it was served over polenta. It was a large dish, enough to take a small portion home for lunch today, yum!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mawindle

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Our typical Friday night dining spot!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We regularly go to Bean and Barrel on Friday evenings. Chef Sam's special of the day is typically very good. Last Friday's special was grilled salmon, Dauphine potatoes, broccoli with a lovely light sauce with red peppercorns. Everything was prepared well, most especially the salmon, and the Dauphine potatoes were to die for. They were so beautifully crispy on the outside with smooth potato and spices on the inside. I generally forget to snap a picture (this drives my husband crazy...that I want to photo my food before eating it), but not this time, so check it out. All the wait staff is very friendly, and we enjoy being regulars!

Visited August 2013
outside Atlanta, GA
“Just OK, would not try again”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had lunch here with another couple on break from a meeting. We sat outside as the weather was wonderful. I had a salad with strawberries and my husband had the club. Both were fine. Nothing great, and it was not overpriced, but it wasn't anything really excellent. They were training that day so service was a little worse than average, but the manager was very kind and quick to help when we had an issue. The avocado and pea chilled soup was almost really good, but it lacked seasonings and a topping like sour cream or creme fraiche.

Visited May 2013
“Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to stop and have a drink after work or for two friends to meet for a speciality drink of the day. I recommend the quesadillias with chicken and banana peppers. Sometimes the service can be slow if they are crowded but the service is very friendly always. It's a casual place.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank RIKIVOGEL
“Great place to unwind”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Friendly coffee shop / restaurant . Whether you need a quick bite, coffee, wifi, or unwind with a beer (wine and mixed drinks also available), this place has plenty of seating. Did not sample the menu, but the coffee is good and the wine list more than adequate.

1 Thank Paul M