Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expresshampton inn next doorcinnamon rollsstayed herepancake machineadjacent hotelfront desksausage gravyiced teastaff was very friendly and helpfulfitness room isvisiting friendscouple of nightsfresh cookiesgreat roomcomfortable roomcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just returned from an 85 day stay, alone, at this hotel. I was there for medical treatment at UNC. The manager, Orlando Faison, has shaped the employees into a dream team. I used to be the Customer Service Trainer for a fortune 500 company. I have also taught and practiced interior design. I notice things others would not. I had a very comfortable mattress, a hi-def TV, a large enough desk to do serious work, and unfailing wi-fi. Even the shower head was wonderful. The maintenance folks, Greg and Dino, proactively maintain the rooms. That means you won't get a clanking heater/AC. Over all that time, actually nothing broke, but Dino kindly made a minor modification in my room so I could get some real fresh air.

I would never have made it for 85 days with the HIE only paying attention to the task and objects in their care. I made it because the employees are cordial and caring. To me, that's the greatest form of customer service. On the front desk, Tony often asked about my well being. Being 5.5 hrs. from my home for so long, I really appreciated it. They knew my name and had the good customer service skills to used it. Most often, Florencia cleaned my room. I wonder if the boss knows that in spite of having her own 6 kids at home, on Mother's Day, she was cleaning my room with the same big smile on her face that she always has. I was humbled. She's so good at her job, I wanted to take her home. One day, when I was ill, Sylvia in Housekeeping put some breakfast aside for me. Dino, in Maintenance is known for his random acts of kindness, in addition to his professionalism and skill. When I was too ill to lift so much as a lima bean, he assited me with bags and heavy items in and out of my car. He's focused on the needs of others and thinks out of the box.

For all kinds of good restaurants, you have only to drive less than about 4 miles in various directions to have your choice. With a fridge in the room, you can refrain from eating out too much. You'll have easy access to UNC hospitals and they offer a shuttle van to go there. This HIE has managed to plant itself in a PERFECT location. Easy driving to any and everything. If they don't have what you are looking for in a 5 mile radius, you don't need it.

I will be returning for cancer follow-up visits, and this place gives me comfort and quietness to recover. As a woman traveling alone, I was safe and happy. A special thanks to Monalynn, Clifton, Harshal, Kiara, Jed, K.C., Moe Soe, Greg, Dino, Sylvia, Tony, and Florencia, for making my life so much better than it might have been, as a cancer paitient. I am an expeienced traveler and have even had an extended stay in The Netherlands. This place is great in no small part due to the employees.

Room Tip: Room 207 is not too close to the elevator, or the ice machine, thus it's quiet. Outside the window is a lovely green spot, with a small pond and trees.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank NewDog2
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked this because I was traveling on business, but stopping in Chapel Hill to visit with some old friends. The hotel is within walking distance to a strip mall that has a few restaurants, including a Thai restaurant.

This hotel sits next to a Hampton Inn but the Holiday Inn was $40/night less. Check in was easy and at the time the desk person informed that there is a manager reception in the Hampton Inn I was welcome to join if I wanted - both are owned by the same corporation so there is reciprocity.

The room was comfortable with flat screen TV and nice work area. The bed was comfortable. The free hot breakfast was fine as they go.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bfstacy
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our newly upgraded HD TV's! It is great to be able to share amenities with our sister property next door as well. Please do not hesitate to come back and visit with us again!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute through AAA and didn't expect much. But it was a very nice, very clean and well appointed room with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was well thought out with plenty of counter space for all our toiletries. The free breakfast was good and the staff were quite pleasant. If we go back to Chapel Hill, we would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the layout of our bathroom area. We realize that you have a choice when coming to our area and we thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a quick business trip. From time to check-in to check-out, we were there for approximately 9 hours. My colleagues and I were in the area for two days. We departed early in the AM, arrived in Raleigh-Durham and traveled throughout the region all day. When we arrived at the hotel, we were travel weary and ready to hit the sack. We all had reservations that we made days before. There were three of us on the trip and two of us checked in very quickly...then, came the third. No more rooms. After 30 mins, they found our co-worker a room. Some guy who had yet to show up yet. They gave her his room. Whew! I think he came in to check out right after that, but we were not looking back! We were more than ready to collapse at that point. The rooms were clean and decent, the beds were adequate. Nothing to write home about. After squeezing in a couple of hour's of rest, we were up and off again. The check out process was relatively smooth. Overall, good enough. I didn't notice a lot of restaurants or other amenities nearby. So, I wouldn't recommend it for a long-term stay. But, if you want a decent place to stay on a quick business trip, then it's good enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the glitches you encountered. We will definitely use this as a learning experience for our staff members. We hope to see you again at our hotel so that we can WOW you with our improved service!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed here twice for business, and, if returning to the area I would stay here again. The times I have stayed here I really have had no issue. Beds are comfortable, staff is extremely friendly, rooms are nice, breakfast is - eh, and for the price of the rooms I would say it is worth it.

During the previous stay at this hotel I did have a room across from the elevator which was also adjacent to the elevators machine room. I didnt have a problem with the noise of traffic from people using the elevator or from it running, but if you are a light sleeper that could be an issue. I was also warned by the staff before they gave me the room so I knew what I was getting into. And the noise really wasn't that bad - but just something to be aware of.

I cant really speak of how great the location is because I didnt get to venture out too far. But it does seem like you'd have to have a car if you want to go anywhere to do fun things. Within walking distance there is a plaza with some pretty good restaurants which you will need to go to since there is no restaurant at the hotel. Also, there is a great comic book shop in that plaza if you need to get you fix of all things awesome.

Overall, I would say its a decent hotel.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, ask for a room which does not face the elevator nor is adjacent to the elevators machine room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all of our guests and we are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you for a third time!