“Favorite go to place”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Favorite go to place”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We love 'Kitchen'. It's our go to place for excellent food with a fun, stylish yet casual ambience. We've been there several times for special occasions and for a quick bite. It reminds us of some of our favorite New York haunts. But it's even better since the staff brings forth some of that southern charm and hospitality. Their beet salad and the Mussels with fries are excellent staple choices we enjoy. They also change up the menu so we're always up for something new and they never disappoint. Great place and a hidden Chapel Hill gem!

• Visited November 2012

Detroit
“Superb food”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Simply put, great fresh food expertly prepared.

We went there for lunch while visiting Chapel Hill.

The menu is french but accessible, with a mix of enough but not too many choices. I had nichoise salad; everything was fresh, with an appropriately light but flavorful dressing. My wife, (who is not vegan), had the vegetarian sandwich and found it to be wonderful.

Don't let the appearance from the street deter you. It is a little place in a small commercial strip with a simple sign. Inside it is pleasant but unpretentious. The food is the star here.

• Visited December 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Moules et Sancerre”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A great place for dinner before an author talk at the bookstore, Flyleaf, next door. Everything was delicious and the waitstaff excellent. We'll be back!

• Visited December 2012
Franklin, North Carolina
“The best for the price.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Had a great meal in warm friendly setting. Sally greeted us with a warm heart and great smile. She recommended we sit at the bar and she was right. Che was well informed, very engaging, and a lot of fun. Seemed to be very many regulars which is always a good sign. The food was diverse and tasty. Can't wait to go back.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Flambé”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I read the positive reviews and was really looking forward to my visit. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, and I will give them a second chance, but the meal I had was horrible. I ordered a fish filet with Brussels sprouts. I was sitting at the bar and had a ringside-seat view of the cook. He was hard to miss since everything he did was flambéed. My filet was tragically overcooked and rigid. I usually recognize Brussels sprouts and I certainly like them. I had to ask the bartender what they were. They were shrunken and black with a vague taste of charcoal. Overall I was really disappointed and quite unpleasantly surprised.

• Visited November 2012