“Ok, difficult location to find” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Lake Mary, Florida
“Ok, difficult location to find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We happened to stumble across this restaurant on our final day in chapel hill. It's isn't well advertised and you wouldn't know it was there unless you had been before.nit was empty, maybe 6 people in there? The guy who was waiting was very professional and couldn't do enough. Good selection of beers, even though I had water. The garlic bread was nice as an appetizer, and filling. I ordered spaghetti bolognaise, this was nice, but had a $2 surcharge for mushrooms, which I didn't mind but found that to be expensive. The portion was relatively large. The place could do with some help, as a Sunday dinner time I would expect to be a busy time for restsurants, and tjis was deserted. I may return if in the area again, but wouldn't go out of my way.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“No longer a good choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I've eaten at Carmine's for years now, ever since they took over the space from the old Sal's. So disappointed my last visit - the eggplant parm appeared to be a frozen breaded product - watery and tasteless. Craving some Italian food? Travel a few miles down the road to Pulcinella in the Woodcroft Shopping Center, Durham.

1 Thank carolinanorte
Pelham, New Hampshire
“Tried once and we haven't been back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

In the Eastgate Shopping Center and difficult to find down a walkway between other buildings. Sauces tasted canned and pasta was overcooked. Service left a lot to be desired too.

1 Thank fudgbug
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I went here while on a business trip to Chapel Hill. Unlike the previous reviews I had a good experience and more good food then I could eat.
The staff was super friendly and accomodating. The kitchen staff was willing to help craft a dish my companion wanted (stuffed eggplant with alfredo instead of marinara). The salads were fresh and the food was delightful.
I would go back here in a heart beat!

• Visited September 2011
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Bad, Very Very Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Chose to visit this restaurant from a Groupon I purchased and thought would be good on the same night. Although it wasn't, we decided to eat there anyway. We were served nothing but drinks while waiting for our food (even though we had small children with us). I was very disappointed in the very small servings until I tasted this dog food. I guess they mistakingly thought they were serving too much when they saw how much people left on their plates. The calamari was the worst I have ever had and the pizza was not much better. The "sauce" was very similar to opening a cheap can of low salt crushed tomatoes and calling it sauce right out of the can. The lack of any spices or flavor would disgust Italians, who would be horrified that this place professes to be Italian. Service was good and atmosphere was OK. They need Groupon to bring anyone in. Anyone want a free groupon?

• Visited August 2011