“Perfect Marriage Proposal”

Triangle Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Chapel Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat Tours on Jordan Lake, for groups up to 12.Guided Tours, Special Events and more.Close & Convenient, Fun & Affordable, Safe & Professional
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I wanted to plan the perfect marriage proposal for my fiance to be and I. It could not have turned out any better and a big reason is because of how nice and accommodating Captain Don was. I was in contact with him several times before the Sunset Cruise and he was more than happy to help in any way possible. He made it clear that he can be as much or little involved as needed. Captain Don agreed to find a "reason" to step off the boat for about 15 minutes so I could propose in private. Can customer service seriously get any better than that?

He is very knowledgeable of the lake and that made the engagement even better. I am truly thankful for everything Captain Don did and I highly recommend Triangle Boat Tours to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, good time.

Two last things I want to point out. First, he had a homemade bacon dip for us that was delicious. Also, you will not offend him if you want to kind of keep the conversation within your party. Just talk to him about what you want and he will accommodate anything in reason.

Thanks Captain Don!

7  Thank H3320OCjohnb

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderfully relaxing time with Capt. Don on our custom Mother's Day cruise. His knowledge of Jordan Lake was fascinating and entertaining. He let my 3 year old drive the boat (the highlight for her!); took us to a cove to fish (fish were jumping, but alas, nothing caught); showed us a beaver damn, cormorant island, and even found 3 bald eagles (what my father most wanted to see). The boat was clean, well-maintained, and almost entirely shaded, which was wonderful for protecting my 9 month old. And the homemade bacon dip he offered was divine! We highly recommend Triangle Boat Tours and are excited to book our next tour!

2  Thank Charity H
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We hosted viitors from out of state on a tour of Jordan Lake. All of us were delighted by the friendly, knowledgable approach of Capt Don. His low key presentation of a wealth of information about the lake and its history went far beyond a standard "guided tour." Once Don knew of our interst in wildlife, he went out of his way to make certain we saw everything from a Bald Eagle to a beaver lodge and everything in between. We'll be back to Triangle Boat Tours with other friends. Don't miss this opportunity!

1  Thank Noah37
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a great family outing with Captain Don of Triangle Boat Tours. He was most welcoming to a disparate group of many ages. The boat is clean and safely run. Captain Don's informative narrative was terrific and interesting. We will do this again with out of town guests. I am looking forward to a Sunset cruise. I highly recommend this boat tour and Jordan Lake is beautiful.

1  Thank Jeanne L