“Great place for a great meal”
Review of R&R Grill

R&R Grill
Ranked #133 of 293 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Henderson and Columbia
Transit: CHAPEL HILL TRANSIT - Lines A, CW, G, N, NS, NU, T: N Columbia at Rosemary St. Lines CL, D, F, U, RU: E Franklin St at Coffee Shop. Line HS: E Franklin at Varsity Theater. Line J: West Franklin at University Baptist.
Description: R&R Grill - everything a casual American grill should be. The local father and son ownership of Rob and Ross encourage you to join them for great food and service.
beuafort south carolina
“Great place for a great meal”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my first trip to Chapel Hill and I wasn't sure where to go for dinner. I was visiting with my daughter who had just moved to Chapel Hill only a week earlier to take a job at UNC. We were wondering down Frankilin Street which runs right through UNC, decided we were hungry and my only requirement was dinner should not be in a student hangout.
What a stroke of luck to find the R & R Grill. It was wonderful, lots of people, lots of atmosphere and our dinner was absolutely fantastic. I had the Chicken Alfredo and my daughter had the Shrimp and Grits. I've ordered chicken alfredo dozens of times in restaurants, but this meal topped them all. My daughter loved the Shrimp and Grits, actually we both said we wouldn't eat the entire meal and we did just that. Service was fast and professional and all the staff seemed very friendly and some knew their customers by name.
Can't wait to visit the R & R Grill again.

Actually, the R & R Grill was a shot in the dark. and it was wonderful. Our food was amazing, I had the Chicken Alfredo and my daughter had the Shrimp and Grits. OMG as the kids say.

• Visited September 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Better times are over!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our last 3 visits have been a disappointment!!! We used to go here for burgers because they use fresh ground meat and are among the few in CH that will cook to order, however each time we ordered medium rare the burgers have come out BROWN. They are willing to "re-do" but man, when you are hungry you are hungry.
So on this visit we decided to order a reuben and our favorite "portabella mushroom sandwich, but lo and behold, they recently changed their menu and took all of the sandwiches (other than burgers)off the menu :( - sad because after a movie at the Varsity Theater next door it used to be a treat to come here.

• Visited September 2013
rnrgrill, Owner at R&R Grill, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences with our Burgers. The chef and I have taken measures to ensure that our fresh ground burgers are of the highest quality and consistency.
As for the Veggie Burger, the original is still on the menu just under a different name as "Roasted Portobello and Veggies". There has always been such a confusion with that dish, because some expected to be a veggie paddy on bread. I decided that we should have both on the menu and moved the original that was so loved to the Entree section.
We will continuously work hard to uphold our standards and come up with new and delicious meals for our guests.
Ross Moll
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Used to love coming up here for Franklin Street Pizza, but they have since closed. Saw the sign for R&R Grill, so thought we would give it a try. I am glad I did! There are several lunch specials, you can do a half sandwich and soup or salad for 7.95, which is a good deal. I had the tomato basil soup, this was probably the best tomato soup I have ever had! My husband had the clam chowder, which adds bacon and scallions, he thought it was great! The chicken for the kids meal was real chicken, and the fries seemed to be nice and fresh, possibly hand cut. The sandwiches are great, try the grilled cheese and add tomato on rye or try the Reuben with nice slices of meat! Fast and friendly service, average prices, fantastic food! I'll definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
Pittsboro, NC
“Best kept secret in Chapel Hill”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here last night for the first time. It was a nice night, so we ate outside-big beautiful patio. Our server, Matt, was personable, friendly and knowledgable. I asked for entree suggestions and ordered the shrimp and grits. It was delicious! My husband liked his fish and chips. Very nice dining experience! Will def go back!

• Visited June 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
“Very good professional bartenders”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you are lucky enough Matt will serve you. A true professional bartender who has tended bar across country and brings some truly innovative drinks to the specialty cocktail menu. Try the sweet potato martini. Tastes like sweet potato casserole at Christmas.

• Visited April 2013