“Simply awesome”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Perfect food, friendly service. Yes, it's crowded but that's because it's good food! The condiment bar is delightful (although some of the items are very strong and not for the faint of heart), especially the olives. The hummus is the best I've ever eaten anywhere!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is not fine dining, but the food is great and at a great price. Only drawback is you have to pick your order up....

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place makes great, fresh food. Their hummus is fabulous and you can taste the real ingredients. The sandwiches are simple, but high-quality and fresh. "Fresh" is kind of the key word for this place. I'll definitely stop in again!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's easy to see why Mediterranean Deli was voted the "Best Caterer in Chapel Hill" by Chapel Hill Magazine this year. I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to try this food without the recommendations of several friends but now I can't say enough about the excellent quality here.

The owner's attention to detail starts with custom milled flour and organic pitas baked right on the premises. There were vegetarians in our group but plenty of entrees for any diet. We ordered two Beef & Lamb Gyros (w/delicious Cucumber Sauce), two Falafels (marinated cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow, green, and red peppers, mint, olive oil and lemon juice on pitas), Jasmin Chicken Salad Wrap (chicken breast, grapes, celery, poppy seeds, honey, light mayonnaise and roasted pecans wrapped in a tortilla & served with fruit kebobs) and Greek Grape Leaves (too hard to describe but they're stuffed with a rice mix and really grow on 'ya). Fresh Baklava (we tried pistachio, walnut, & date) was the PURRfect finish! Phone in your order like we did and the only challenge left is negotiating Chapel Hill traffic. The young man who we paid (and boxed up our Baklava selections) couldn't have been more patient and gracious.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Unfortunately, everything they serve has garlic in it - and my husband can't eat garlic. But I do my best to get here with friends when I can - the food is outstanding. The souvlaki is really marvelous, and I just love their hummus and tabouli. The pita bread is terrific and always fresh. This is a counter-order place, and people tend to do a lot of visiting with other people while they eat, which makes it feel very "down home." I love the atmosphere and the food very much.