“A Good Place to stay”

Days Inn Chapel Hill
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here on 7/31/12 for 3 nights and it was our 2nd stay here. We came to move my son out of the dorms at UNC. The hotel is in close proximity to the university,shops, restaurants, malls and the Uhaul Storage etc;. The room was clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The staff are friendly The furniture needs to be updated and the breakfast was o.k,. I will stay here again when I return to Chapel Hill.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Chapel Hill

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had stayed here on July 5th because my daughter had to have stuff done at chapel hill children's hospital. When we went to our room I had notice blood on the one pillow but I had just moved it off the bed an put it on the table. My daughter had woke up with some red spots saying that they were itchy and I said it could be from all the medicine that they gave you. We checked out that morning an left to come home. That night I had slept in bed with her and I woke up with bites all over me and she had them all over her. I had to strip everything off the bed an I wash it along with her pillow that she had brought with us to the hotel. Two days later she woke up covered with bites that I had brought her right to the doctor and I was told she was bitten by bed bugs. I call the hotel and the man that I spoke to told me that they do not have bed bugs and that they are a FIVE star hotel and he didn't want to listen to what I had to say. This one night stay has cost me over $700 between getting a bug company to come an spray her room with special chemicals and a new mattress and new pillows and bed protection and the doctors. I did report it to the 1 800 customer care but as of today 08/02/2012 I havent heard anything and it will be a month in 3 days since we stayed there..

5  Thank jacqueline d
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hotel has everything you need, comfortable beds/pillows. Service at hotel is very good. Everything is working as it should be. Hotel is right of a main street, easy to find and travel around. Housekeeping did not bang at m,y door at 7am, which was a nice change from most hotels. Lobby very clean. Rooms very clean. I had no problems here. Very pleasant stay. I would recommend for a single traveler to family travelers.

Room Tip: Stay towards the back of hotel, less road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here while visiting family. Looking at the outside entrance the place looks clean and newer, and lobby/breakfast area is like that. Our room needed a serious updating though, reminds me of 70's decor and kind of dark and dreary. Also the small refrigerator microwave was old and made a constant mechanical noise that was annoying and irritating but not worth asking for another room and having to move our stuff. Hot water and shower were very good, towels could be replaced each day or not depending on your "Green" attitude. Bathroom sink and counter located outside the bathroom, which I don't care for but so many motel rooms are designed this way. The hanging clothes rack was too close to the counter, kept hitting my head on the corner of it. Our room also was located far down the sidewalk from access to parking, not convenient outside access at all even though on first level. Wifi was terrible, too slow and we just gave up on it.

For a basic room accommodation this Days Inn was ok. We were tired each day from our activities and only needed a place to sleep and shower, this place was clean and comfortable enough for that and the right low price for us. Free breakfast items: coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, toast, cold cereal, apples and bananas, enough for a light breakfast snack.

No fitness center or exercise machines, didn't see a pool.

We would stay here again only after checking other nearby places first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front if you need access to your vehicle; there are only 2 or 3 rooms on...
Reviewed July 19, 2012

It really doesn't take much to make me happy at a hotel. This by far was one of the worst hotel trips I've had in a long time. I came down here with my 2 boys because of visits we had at UNC children's hospital on 7/19/2012. To start off the address they give for the hotel isn't where the hotel is. It's another 5 miles from where GPS will put you. Calling the staff to find out where to go failed as well. They had no clue on how to say what they were next to. The street the hotel IS located on is not well lit and hard to get to if you dont know your way around here. Then arriving the parking is horrible and the staff inside weren't very pleasant. Asking any question seemed as though I was bothering them. The room was clean, however had very out dated decor and seemed stuffy. Although well priced I will be spending a little more next time when choosing a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
2  Thank Angela R
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn Chapel Hill while I attended a conference at UNC. This hotel was the cheapest I could find in the area and served us well. It was a 5-minute drive outside of town which was no problem at all since we had a vehicle.

The rooms were adequate and if you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is perfect. The continental breakfast was just what we needed to get a start on the day. The only thing we were missing was a pool given that the temperature was over 100 degrees.

This is a nice, basic hotel if you're looking for cheap accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I feel terrible for not remembering any names however there were two
gentlemen that checked us in to your facility on the night of 7/7/12
at about 11:00 pm. My fiance,I and others were traveling to an event
in your community!Our travels required that we haul large Trailers to
accommodate our hobbies! We called your facility in advance to see if
you could house our needs! With a very enthusiastic reply we were told
"Yes, that will be no problem at all"! Music to our ears, as we have
had to look very hard to find other hotels that can accommodate us!The
reservations were made under our other party!In our travels our
friends(
other party) had a serious of unfortunate events and could not
proceed! My fiance and I continued on! We made it to our Event,
participated and after were extremely tired and Hungry! As soon as we
found our destination to you(which was fairly easy by the way)we
parked our truck and trailer and proceeding to check in! As we were
walking in a security officer of some sort came outside and was
inspecting the area as well as our vehicle(from a distance in a very
professional manner) we walk in not sure what is going to happen
seeing as our reservation was under a different name cause our friends
couldn't make it(apparently they called and told your staff what was
going on)The gentlemen, one clocking out for the night and the other
managing the desk greeted us! Both of them made us feel very welcome,
we even laughed and joked a little with them! I love when staff can be
personable! We asked about the Security Guard and if we were alright
parking here and if we should move somewhere more convenient for the
hotel! Your staff simply replied that everything was ok and we were
good to go! The Guard on duty made me feel safer leaving our equipment
overnight(
a huge plus).Even though the reservations were not in our name, we
checked very easily which was a relief!:) We asked the front desk if
there was any place close around the area that we could get food at
that time of night! They gave a great recommendation and even told us
if we bring our room key we could receive 10% off our food!A helpful
and very friendly gesture! We left the lobby with smiles on our faces
and a feeling of comfort in is! We ate came back relaxed and headed
off to sleep! The room was nice, the beds were comfy and plenty of
towels:) the only thing I would have loved to have in the room was a
refrigerator(but not a major let down). We awoke in the morning to the
sound of Housekeeping knocking at the door! I got out of bed and
simply told her we were quite alright and she Sympathetically
apologized for disrupting and waking us up! I told her "It's ok, we're
alright, no problem, Thankyou for checking up on us"! There obviously
was a do not disturb hanger in
our room to display, but we didn't feel the need! We were quite happy
that she was doing her job and was checking up on us! We checked out
and headed on our way home! LONG STORY short... Thank-you for a great
weekend getaway, with great staff, great accommodations, and all the
above! Thank-you for excellence!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012