“Very good staff, never had a better stay at a hotel”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Never been to a Sheraton before and now I will never go any where else. Thanks to the incredibly friendly and hard working staff (Vincent, Sandy, and especially Holly were extremely helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Let the staff choose, they know their stuff!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review and thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you connected with our Front Desk staff and felt a part of our family.

Till next we see you,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had an overall wonderful stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Chapel Hill. I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting the area. The location is great because I was in Chapel Hill yet far enough away from downtown where all the students are out on the streets in mobs right now. I was also very close to the highways so getting back to RDU was quick and easy. They have a few different Sheraton shuttles that run so I took them downtown which was great because I could go out to eat and shop without having to worry about finding a place to park on Franklin Street or fearing that my car would be toed for parking in the wrong spot. It made it convenient so I could have some fun nights out, stress free and really enjoy myself.

The Hotel Staff were great too! You could tell that they were all there to make sure I really enjoyed my stay with them. They remembered my name even which was nice and were very friendly the moment I walked in through the lobby. They did everything to make sure my needs and wants were met. They were polite, professional, caring and answered all my questions.

The whole room was very clean and smelled nice and the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. I slept so well and even ended up ordering myself two Sheraton pillows because I just loved them that much. The only complaint I had my whole stay was the down comforter on my bed felt like it was maybe a little damp, but I think that is because they are feather down comforters and it was a really humid North Carolina summer day so it was just holding more moisture than it normally would. I called the front desk and Steve Cory the Front Office Supervisor answered. He fixed the problem right away by personally bringing me another blanket and more fresh linens. He also was very thoughtful and brought me a selection of herbal teas to choose from. It was the perfect gesture and once again made me realize just how much I was enjoying choosing this hotel to stay at.

I look forward to my next stay at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. Thanks for being so accommodating and running your Hotel the way that you do. I'm now a customer for life :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so grateful to have made such a raving fan, and look very forward to our next opportunity to have you with us. Welcome to our family,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Sheraton Chapel Hill is a wonderful place to stay and has excellent staff memebers. The Sales Manager Theresa Thiel is a star!. I work for a large company and she is always available to help me accommodate our visitors and group functions.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Sheraton Chapel Hill is a wonderful place to stay. From the moment we started our relationship with the hotel, the Sales Manager, Theresa Thiel, has treated my colleagues like family. She goes out of her way to make their stay as pleasant as it can be. She is an absolute joy to work with. The Sheraton staff is friendly and always accommodating. We definitely will continue to stay at the Sheraton.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

All of the staff at the Sheraton Chapel Hill are so very friendly, helpful and courteous. Our company hosts frequent guests (remote employees, clients, family, friends) at the Sheraton. At the beginning of our relationship with the Sheraton, I met with Theresa Thiel and was shown all of the amenities. I can say I was quite impressed. The location is excellent and the access to RDU airport is ideal. We can now give our guests a Home Away From Home when they are in Chapel Hill and we can be assured our guests will be comfortable and well taken care of.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Not only are the front desk folks the best (Steven, Vincent, Sean), but the Sales Manager, Theresa Thiel is absolutely excellent. She always arranges wonderful dinners and happy hours for our entire team staying at the hotel (about 40 ppl). Just a great example of how Starwood trains their employees to be the best!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you so much! We are truly grateful to have you all here every week, and are so happy to have you all as part of our family.

See you soon,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had to meet with my co-workers at the Sheraton and later attend a trade show there. The public areas were great to set up a computer and work. There is a big table for goups and some smaller tables to work by yourself. The morning breakfast was good with the freshest fruit and all the traditonal items at a great price !! We also had a nice manager's reception party on Wednesday night with appetizers, wine and beer.
The rooms are somewhat small but adequate with lots of counter space. The nice balcony in some rooms offered a great retreat from a hard day. I also enjoyed a great workout in the exercise room which had most everything I needed. There was even bottle water and cold towels.
I'll be back and hopefully the very nice GM will still be there. Hopefully Steve will check you in at the front desk. A very nice staff member....

Room Tip: Back side is quieter than the front as far as traffic... Some rooms are bigger than others. Just a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

This is awesome feedback! Your words mean so much to our staff, who work so hard to create the kind of experience you had here. We anticipate your next stay with us and the chance to further connect with you.

Welcome to our family,