The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
Residence Inn Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
$114
Residence Inn
Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
$149
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$104
Sheraton.com
The Carolina Inn(Chapel Hill)
$199
$119
CarolinaInn.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$97
Courtyard
$69
The Franklin(Chapel Hill)
$167
Curio.com
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
$123
$105
  • Pool
$134
Hampton.com
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$56
All reviewsil paliofrittataturn down servicecorner roomroom serviceboutique hotelbeautiful hotelrooms are spaciouslobby barthe entire stafffranklin streetcomfy bedfree shuttlenorth carolinacookiessouthern hospitalityfitness center
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Rarely do I give a dissenting review. However, tonight we are disappointed by the recent reviews of this property & restaurant. I always cross-reference sites, but there was a momentum for this property. I am befuddled. The water in the shower is lukewarm at best after 10 minutes of running it...can you say environmental waste? The bathroom is beautifully redecorated, but in the King 'Suite' you should get a tub, even if it is a shower/tub combo! The room is strangely furnished with old furniture mixed with new light fixtures.

The restaurant was a bigger disaster seating just a few tables all together just so you could awkwardly hear everyone's conversation. BTW, our rooms are all closely put yogether in this way, such that i can hear the guy in the room next to me sneezing while I write this to you, but there are only a few cars in the parking lot.

Back to the restaurant...The food was unimpressive at best. It wasn't the worst I have ever had...seeing as we have just traveled 3000 miles by road across the country...but not worth the hoopla nor price. Service was also a bit awkward too. Attentive in a way that made you feel rushed, uncomfortable, and wanting to leave. The oysters had no flavor. The hanger steak was uncooked, bland, & unmemorable. Perhaps I ordered the wrong items for this restaurant, but in that case why would they be on the menu?

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank cparker1771
AnthonyCH, General Manager at The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear CParker1771,

I am very sorry to hear your stay was less than expected, and I am very sorry you felt rushed when dining. Our staff loves serving others and we never want a guest to feel the way we made you feel. I am also disappointed your food was not to your liking and flavorless. Our Executive Chef has met with team to ensure all of our food has the proper seasoning and is cooked to the requested temperature.

Our guest rooms are currently under renovations and I am sorry your room was not completely renovated prior to your arrival. Our lamps came in ahead the other furniture so we went and installed them with the furniture to follow in the next few weeks. Additionally we have a floor out of service which gives us fewer rooms to spread our guests’ rooms apart.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay.

Anthony Carey

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our 6th stay at The Siena. We come from Charlotte to the UNC Hospital every 3-6 months for doctors appointments and surgery. After several stays in a run down Residence Hill outside of town, we discovered The Siena and haven't stayed anywhere else since. We feel totally pampered when we are there! We get the 'Date Night' package which includes a beautiful, large, well-appointed room and extremely comfortable king bed, 2 drinks and an appetizer at the bar, $100 gift certificate for a fabulous dinner in their onsite restaurant and delicious breakfast!! You can't beat it! Enjoy every moment!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed there for a wedding in May of 2013. The reception was not at the hotel. We used the hotel as a base and it worked very well for that. great location. Good room prices and good value for the money. The rooms were clean with great in room service. I also thought the rooms were very large compared to say a Hampton Inn. The location of the hotel was perfect as well. With inn walking distance of lots to do. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I only stayed one night at the Siena but was impressed with several things. First, because I joined the free "I Prefer" guest benefit program when I reserved my room online, I got an upgrade to a larger room at no extra cost, and since I was staying mid-week, my room seemed to me almost a bargain. My room was lovely and very spacious. The bathroom had a large shower, but I do wish it had had a tub for a long, leisurely soak. Second, every member of the staff that I encountered was attentive and seemed to be genuinely interested in seeing to it that I was happy with everything. The little extras like the robe laid out on the bed and the chocolates on the pillow -- things many fine hotels have dropped over the years -- are still part of the Siena's ambiance. The hotel's location isn't in the most walkable part of Chapel Hill, but it is only a five minute drive from all the major areas you might want to visit. Even though it is on busy Franklin Street and even though I slept with one window slightly opened, the street noise was no issue whatsoever. I ate dinner with friends at Il Palio, one of our favorite restaurants in the area, and -- as always -- both the food and service were impeccable. The Siena is lovely and will treat you like a valued guest, as they did me. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Room Tip: Join the free "I Prefer" membership program when you reserve your room online and get a complimentary room upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

one of the friendliest, best kept comfortable hotels my wife and I have ever stayed in. the staff is very helpful. The rooms are well appointed with reproductions of Italian 16th century art. The batrooms are large and styled in classic marble.The coffee in the lobby is excellent. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 423 is at the end of the hall, away from the elevator, and over looks the woods.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends