“spacious rooms and great chapel hill location”

The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
New York, NY
“spacious rooms and great chapel hill location”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The best part about The Siena is that the rooms are spacious, modern, clean and comfortable. really liked the modern bathrooms. Comfortable beds. The lobby is nice and didn't try the food. Service during the reservation process was great including them giving us the better current rate a few days before we check-in though we'd booked at a higher rate months earlier. We were able to pre-book a crib for our toddler but were disappointed that when we checked in (late in the evening) the crib was not ready in the room and had to wait to be able to transfer our sleeping child from car to the hotel room. For the reasonable rate, this is a great choice to stay in a nice non-chain feeling hotel right in chapel hill near all the go-to places.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New York, NY
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Maybe it's just because I'm a Yankee, but I was blown away by how friendly and helpful the staff was.

The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, and I would seriously consider redesigning my bathroom to look like their bathrooms.

I really enjoyed the free breakfast each morning - the Greek yogurt during the week was delicious, and the French toast on the weekends was delicious.

They had just opened their fitness center, and it was small and could use some free weights (which they may have added by now; we were literally in there when the paint was still drying), but they give you complimentary access to nearby fitness facilities and a shuttle bus to take you there, so you can't really complain.

Beautiful hotel and I would gladly stay there again if I was ever in the area.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms we saw were beautiful
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stay at the Siena whenever our travels bring us to Raleigh. The rooms are being renovated and are comfortable, spacious and well laid out. The bathrooms are very modern, with glass standing showers. Turn down service is impeccable, as is room service. The check in is fun; the kings chair and fresh baked cookies make you feel welcome when you walk in the door. My only peeves are the use of the room keys (vs. digital cards) and Loginet for the movies/in room television which is usually staticky. Would rather HD with TW.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2011

It is very much like an upscale Italian hotel, except that the rooms and bathrooms are huge. We had prepaid the rooms and, at the last minute, had to reschedule our reservation by one day. Although they didn't have to, the staff was very accommodating and made the change at no additional cost to me. There is a courtesy van that is on call and will take you to any location in the area.

The rooms have Keurig coffee makers and the bathrooms have large showers with plenty of water pressure.

The hotel has an excellent restaurant, but we were unable to eat there on this trip. We plan to in the future.

This is one of the better hotels that we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had a lovely stay at this hotel celebrating my birthday/anniversary. My wife and i checked in the hotel in the afternoon and was met in the lobby by Kelly. She was very professional, friendly, and accomodating. Since we were booked in a non-renovated room adjacent to the reconstruction area then i called to see if construction would commence on labor day morning. Kelly promptly offered to relocate us to a renovated room which was awesome. I highly recommend that you stay here in a renovated room.

Note: The shower water took minutes before the hot water arrived. after that the shower was very nice.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2011

To check in, they have you sit in some comfy chairs at a desk during the check-in process. We should it was a cute touch and stuck with "old elegance" theme. Check-in was quick and easy and he staff was very courteous. We stayed in a Corner King room which we loved. The room is very large and spacious, and during the day, you can open both french doors for lots of sunlight and fresh air. Being in a corner room was very nice because of the extra light and space. We LOVED it!

The hotel is a short drive from the main area of Franklin Street where all the restaurants and bars are located. The hotel offers a shuttle, but we did not use it on this trip. We came back to hotel, ordered a few drinks from the bar and enjoyed them in the spacious lobby and watched TV. The decor is classic Italian, so it's not 100% modern, but I loved the change from the standard chain hotels. It kept with the theme of this boutique hotel.

We ordered room service for breakfast which I thought tasted delicious. My husband's waffles looked, smelled, and tasted delicious. Ordering the room service was a breeze and it came in about 20 minutes.

Based on a previous (unhappy) reviews, I do want to note that there WERE signs in the elevator indicating renovations. We knew the renovations were taking place prior to booking this hotel - the hotel's website has a link on the homepage to information regarding the renovations (they are set to be complete in 2011). We didn't mind because we didn't plan on being in the room during most of those hours anyway. Also, most of the bathrooms are complete and the work is beautiful. We were lucky with the construction as we checked in on Sunday before Labor Day and checked on Monday, Labor Day. Thus, there was no work being completed.

Overall, this hotel was wonderful!! We would definitely come back again. Every staff member was very friendly, our corner room was spacious and enjoyable, and the breakfast was delicious. I loved the boutique feel and the turndown service. I really have no complaints.

Oh - I must mention the fresh cookies in the lobby one evening and the comfy robes offered in the room!

Room Tip: I would splurge for the corner king room!
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife recently underwent surgery for cancer, only to return home facing an evacuation due to Hurricane Irene. We live near the water in Eastern NC and were forced to evacuate due to the threat of potential flooding. My wife was in severe pain from having a double mastectomy, so traveling away from the comforts of home was weighing heavy on my mind.

The Siena Hotel manager and staff went above and beyond in our time of need, helping us check into our room and seeing that my wife had every need met. I am a diehard NC State fan, so saying something good about anything in Chapel Hill is hard. The Siena Hotel was by far one of the friendliest and most comfortable stay we have both enjoyed. The hotel is about rest, relaxation and luxury. Minuets after our arrival my wife was sound asleep. The highlight of the trip was on our last day when she said, “I don’t believe there is an uncomfortable position in this bed… It’s the greatest.” Seeing a smile on her face for the first time in a week was priceless.

The hotel boasted a delicious breakfast buffet (included), some of the freshest locally grown foods, newly remodeled luxurious bathrooms, and again, the most comfortable beds we’ve ever slept on. Thanks again Siena for a wonderful stay, we’ll be back again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple