“The Orchard is an outstanding favorite of mine” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orchard Restaurant & Events Barn

The Orchard Restaurant & Events Barn
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Asheville, North Carolina
“The Orchard is an outstanding favorite of mine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Cashiers NC is a welcome escape from the heat of Atlanta's summer. Enjoying the cool air, the mountain views and dinner at the Orchard makes for a great weekend. The food here is very good. The number of cars in the parking lot on a Friday or a Saturday night tells you it is a popular spot with locals and visitors. Reservations are a good idea if you want to avoid being disappointed. The menu is interesting ... some specials and stand by dishes like mountain trout and shrimp and grits. Everything I have ordered with the exception of a soup has been very good. The county is a dry one so you can brown bag your own wine and the staff will pour it up. People do and it works well. Last weekend our waiter added a little local history about how some of the dishes are named just enough to be interesting . The Orchard is a great place to have dinner... I hope to enjoy it several times this summer.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Sarasota
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had dined at this restaurant a few years ago while visiting Cashiers and enjoyed it. Decided to try it again and were not dissapointed. My husband and I were offered a table outside on the patio. Really nice being next to the flower garden. Our meal was wonderful and our waiter served us well. Wish I remembered her name. We ordered mussels for an app. and dinners were the sauteed rainbow trout and shrimp & grits. Delicious! Don't forget to take your wine since they do offer brown bagging here.

• Visited April 2011
Cashiers NC
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

My favorite restaurant in the Highlands/Cashiers area...

North Carolina USA
“My favorite dinner during our stay in Highlands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2007

My favorite dinner during our stay in Highlands was at the Orchard restaurant. The view was wonderful and the food was very excellent. I had salmon topped with avocados, mashed potatoes and asparagus. The salad that came with the meal was large and very good. We were also given a large basket of bread. This was a fantastic meal for the money. My Husband had a rib eye that was also excellent and of course I got his asparagus.

4 Thank AstridWilson