“Simply the Best!”

Chez Dupont and The Stone Soup Cafe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual Cafe Dining!
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I return to the Cashiers area annually and wanted to try this new restaurant. We were NOT disappointed! The watermelon gazpacho was fabulous! I had the crab fritters and they were mostly crab in this divine phyllo and served with a wonderful salad. My husband had the ahi tuna and it was so yummy. The entire experience was just delightful. The only way to improve the entire experience would be to offer dessert. As if I need it!!!

2  Thank gbackens

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary by spending the weekend in the NC mountains when we decided to try Chez Dupont. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was friendly and fast. We highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely go back.

1  Thank Krystalp924
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hard to encapsulate this unique and trendy place in lovely Cashiers, NC. A friend and I had an extra day together and at the last minute decided to try this new offering near the crossroads behind the Wells Fargo in a small strip of shops. Can it be a slice of San Francisco or Austin in the Blue Ridge? Exposed ceiling, hip music sounded like Patsy Cline but wasn't, blackboard messages, and shrimp w/ couscous & greek yogurt to knock off your hiking boots. My ample plate was an adventure with yummy olives , fresh herbs and grilled shrimp more than I could eat. My friend ordered the roasted tomato soup and salad and enjoyed both. And did I mention the crusty hot bread. There were just a few choices but that is the price of such freshness. Our waiter was an aspiring actor headed to Wales who could not have been any nicer or done a better job along with a sweet waitress who assisted . I will highly recommend this to folks who want to linger over a nice lunch and glass of mint infused water like we did. Read the owner's own summary of his venture on the menu as he knows how tough a small seasonal town can be on the business. But he believes in his work and the food shows it.

1  Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I like to try new restaurants and this one is a huge winner!! We did not know what to expect but it is just the kind of restaurant we love. A varied menu with something for everybody and unique twists to the dishes made it a real treat. We enjoyed the crab fritters and salmon flatbread and had the 3 berry homemade pie for dessert which was divine. The service was excellent as well as the general ambience with great music in the background. The wine list is great and there is also a full bar. We look forward to returning soon.

1  Thank kkjohnson
Christopher D, Owner at Chez Dupont and The Stone Soup Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank You So Much For Your Review! So Excited You Liked Everything.......

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great service, food and wine. Chef uses best avaialble ingredients so the menu is different evry day.

2  Thank pcollinsnc

Excellent in every Way!!! So is your review. Thanks So Much!!!