“Yummy pizza”

Slab Town Pizza
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here twice as a family. The salads are good. The pizza is delicious ! My only complaint is that it is sometimes hard to find a table when it is really busy-not a bad problem for them! This will be our go-to place for pizza!

2  Thank Bender3

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great pizza place in Cashiers. Relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. You can dine in or take out.

2  Thank MLMJR
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My office is two seconds from Slabtown, so I love the convenience of being able to walk over and grab something togo. I've keep trying them and want to like them so much! But I just can't. The pizza and calzones are way too greasy. I'm literally sitting here with an awful stomach ache from their pizza, and this is not the only time. When I opened up the box grease was settling in the cardboard and the bottom started to get wet. The servers are rude on the phone, prices are way too high, pizza sizes are inaccurate, and I feel like I'm being punched in the stomach. Sorry guys, you won't see me in there anymore.

2  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We arrived back to Cashiers this summer and were pleased to see that a casual pizza place had opened. If you eat in, let me first say the dining room is fantastic. Comfortable, warm and upbeat with lots of indoor and outdoor seating for parties of all sizes. The order at the counter system may not be for everyone, but during our visit it was fast, efficient, and mostly met our needs. You also get your own soft drinks at a fountain but that works for us since we are used to that at other fast serve restaurants we visit like Panera and Chipotle. The selection of pizza ingredients to choose from is endless and though I did not order beer or wine their selection in this area also looked good.

Our appetizers, pizza and salads were fresh, tasty and timely. Everyone in our group, which ranged in age from 8 to 56, left with smiles.

One suggestion if the owners are watching these reviews. The order taker when we visited was a young blond haired girl, and she exuded an air of boredom and indifference. With a little coaching a more welcoming counter experience would make a much better first impression. On the other hand the man bringing out the pizzas, checking on us and busing tables was engaging, fast and helpful.

We'll be back!

Cornucopia01, Owner at Slab Town Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Pizza crust and toppings were good, sauce was a little spicy. I would try the pizza
again, but they were very understaffed when I ordered a pizza for pick-up. Only
one person taking orders and waiting on a group trying to decide what they wanted
to order. This process took so long that my pizza sat on the counter and was actually
cold by the time I was able to pay for it. Maybe they could install a pizza warmer if they
aren't going to properly staff their pizzeria.

1  Thank sailingsueoh

We are glad you enjoyed the pizza. I apologize for any wait you had in picking up your order. We hope you will come back and try us again.