“Not the quality that it formerly was”
Review of Carolina Smokehouse - CLOSED

Carolina Smokehouse
Cuisines: American
Description: Carolina Smokehouse is BBQ on the Boardwalk! We have recently relocated to Carolina Beach, NC from Cashiers, NC and have rebranded to offer excellent BBQ at the Boardwalk!
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with a friend and having been many, many times in the past I felt confident we could enjoy a good lunch. Much to my dismay, that was not the case. The chopped beef was dry, so dry that even copious amounts of sauce rendered it palatable. And the bean soup lacked the seasoning that I had enjoyed in the past. Hopefully that was just an off day but the experience was so bad that we haven't returned.

2  Thank DecembeSarah

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

After 31 years of business in cashiers, NC the Carolina smokehouse has closed its doors. They will relocate in Carolina Beach,NC . Doors open Memorial Day weekend 2017. Carolina Smokehouse at Carolina Beach. It will be some beachin BBQ!

1  Thank buckleytmoose
Reviewed January 15, 2017

In the month of January this area pretty much closes up for restaurants. Seeing a few cars we decided to try this restaurant. I saw their entry for homemade onion rings but they were not an included side with a plate. When I asked how much for an upgrade I was informed they could not substitute. After seeing the price of BBQ plates was nearly double to what we were accustomed (but in addition to two standard sides also included their premium side of pintos), we went for the burger plates, They subsequently arrived and were tasty, country style burgers. We skipped the desert although they advertised their cobbler @ $40.00 for a full pan. I had to ask for the only water refill I got and was than asked if we wanted anything else. That was the only interaction with the waitress after our plates were served. The decor was rustic and it was possible to see through a separation of the door to the men's open room restroom. The cashier however was quite friendly when checking us out!

1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed December 26, 2016

For a small town they serve a lot of people at lunch! Very clean, quick service and very good Barbecue !! We have eaten here many times it is consistent !!

1  Thank jackslack4
Reviewed December 14, 2016

Not much of a place to look at but the barbeque was really good.The price was very good as well. We had a great lunch.
Not open for dinner.