“Very good barbeque!!!!!!!”
Review of Carolina Smokehouse - CLOSED

Carolina Smokehouse
Cuisines: American
Description: It's a BBQ restaurant on the highway between Cashiers and Highlands, NC. (I think they refer to it as "The Cashiers Highway." There aren't many places to eat -- kinda rural and mountainous, but this restaurant has big signage and located right on the highway. The card I picked up said "Rob & Tammy Williams, with ph no. 828-743-3200, fax 828-743-9770
Perry, Georgia
“Very good barbeque!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My wife and I were in the Cashiers area for six days and ate at Carolina Smokehouse three times. While the building does not look like a five star restuarant, it did resemble many BBQ places I have seen. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. The wait staff was very freindly and attentive to our needs. I will defintely go back when in the area.

• Visited April 2011

charlotte, nc
“Scary women's bathroom - BBQ Chicken great but I wouldn't go back”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

It's a shame when the food is good and looks like the restaurant does a brisk business that they can't spend money on the bathrooms. What comes to mind is the questionable effort to clean the kitchen let alone the food preparation.

Cashiers, North Carolina
“One of our favorite places to eat anywhere!”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

First, I'll admit I'm a Cashiers local, but I really don't understand the other 2 reviews on the Smokehouse... maybe they just don't like good BBQ.
I've eaten BBQ from the Atlantic to Hawaii, and Carolina Smokehouse is definitely my favorite. It's rustic with friendly (but usually busy) staff. Owners Rob and Tammy Williams greet you as you enter. The meat is hickory-smoked on-site, and the tomato-based sauce is made from a family recipe (and shipped all over the US!). My favorite is the chopped pork plate, and my daughter can't get enough of the BBQ chicken.
As manager of a local motel, I am asked by guests ask for restaurant recommendations everyday. I could never send them to places with bad food... otherwise I'd have very unhappy guests. Whenever I send folks to the Smokehouse, they come back with praises for their BBQ. My wife and I are regulars there as well.
As for the other 2 reviewers here... Southern Living magazine rated Carolina Smokehouse in the top 5 best BBQ restaurants in North Carolina, and Smokehouse was featured on Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" (Epsiode 2, "I Smell Pork", Food Network, http://www.altonbrown.com/adventure/press_pages/press_foaepisodes.html )
The most telling fact about the quality of the food and service at Carolina Smokehouse is the simple fact that locals and out-of-towners keep coming back over and over again!

2 Thank tsugamont
Atlanta, Georgia
“Never again”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

If you are looking for good BBQ and courteous restaurant owners and staff, do NOT waste your time and money by going to this place. The food was really bad - we tried their BBQ sandwiches. The sauce was a joke. Just nothing to this place.

Charlotte, NC
“Worst BBQ I have ever had, wouldn't feed it to a dog”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Hate to be so harsh but hands down, the worst BBQ I have ever had. BBQ is my favorite food, eat it all over the country. I seriously wouldn't feed it to my dog. Went back a second time just to make sure it was really that bad and it was!