“an okay breakfast...”
Review of Zookeeper Bistro

Zookeeper Bistro
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come for breakfast,lunch and a wonderful Sunday Brunch. Open 7 days during season
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband, our son and I stumbled upon zookeeper bistro looking for breakfast on a saturday morning. We were seated at an unusually small rectangle table and waited on by 3 different servers who were nice, but not overly warm. The entire experience was kind of strange; It is far from a comfortable restaurant and I wouldn't say we were made to feel welcome. However, the coffee was great and our son was happy to have chocolate milk. My husband ordered a fantastic looking $9 breakfast sandwich that came with simple potatoes. He said it was good. Our son had the $8 pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips. He said they were great. I had the $8 waffle with strawberries. I was pretty disappointed. We had a great side of $3.50 bacon and a TINY $3.75 fruit bowl. Our breakfast was almost $60 with tip. Hardly worth that. It wasn't horrible, but we won't be back.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

OK, I am sure I am not the first to say that I don't get why they call this place Zookeeper Bistro. Not an animal in site except for 3 moneys (see not evil, speak no evil, hear not evil), it fact the decor is faux italian distressed and quite smart. This place has potential.

Our breakfast was darn good, tasty and reasonable. The staff is efficient, friendly and service oriented. The eggs and omelet were prefect and were the whole grain pancakes. The only thing that keeps me from giving them a better grade is the lack of maple syrup on the pancakes, and the name has to go.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place for breakfast and lunch. We stopped in for late breakfast and we were not disappointed at all! The home fries were great--crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle. Next time we're in the area, we'll try lunch.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Zookeeper Bistro is the best breakfast place EVER! I have eaten there many times. They also have a great lunch. I love the hamburgers. I love that I can go there with my wife and we can both find stuff we like. Many of the other lunch places in cashiers really just do fancy sandwiches and soups. My wife might like that but I get tired of it quick. We have found we can go to the zookeeper and both be very happy. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

They have great sandwiches and delicious fries. We found them to be kid friendly which was important as we had our grandchildren with us. I would go back in a minute.