“Best restaurant in Cashiers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zookeeper Bistro

Zookeeper Bistro
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come for breakfast,lunch and a wonderful Sunday Brunch. Open 7 days during season
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
“Best restaurant in Cashiers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Zookeeper Bistro is the best breakfast place EVER! I have eaten there many times. They also have a great lunch. I love the hamburgers. I love that I can go there with my wife and we can both find stuff we like. Many of the other lunch places in cashiers really just do fancy sandwiches and soups. My wife might like that but I get tired of it quick. We have found we can go to the zookeeper and both be very happy. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2013

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Lunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

They have great sandwiches and delicious fries. We found them to be kid friendly which was important as we had our grandchildren with us. I would go back in a minute.

• Visited December 2012
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We just happened to drive by this place looking for somewhere to eat lunch. I ordered the slabhouse burger. I got swiss cheese and added mushrooms. It came on a pretzel bun. It was fantastic. My wife ordered a turkey panini. It had slices of apples mixed in with the slices of turkey which was a great touch. My 15 yr old ordered a Caesar chicken wrap. I was a bit worried cause to my knowledge she has never had one before. She loved it. My 9 yr old got his usual chicken strips with fries and cleaned his plate.

So food was very good. A little expensive. Service was good. The place was nice, but seems like every restaurant around here tries to appear to be a 5 star black tie place when a casual cafe setting is more realistic and would be just fine with me.

1 Thank fanmaximus
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

My info is that this is a fairly new restaurant. It was recommended to us for breakfast n we were not disappointed...fresh coffee, very good overstuffed fluffy omelets, and butter for the toast, not fake butter. For being off season both the waitress n owner were attentive to us.

Kingsport, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DISAPPOINTED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went to the Zookeeper Bistro just to try the Caramel Apple French Toast for breakfast. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. You basically get two slices of white bread - made in to nothing special French Toast with a few chunks of raw apple. I was expecting at least a side of cooked apples. The price was $7.95 for this, which was outrageous for what you got. I would suggest they up the ante on this dish; maybe use some high class breads, such as Sour Dough, wheatberry, etc. add some cooked apples, more caramel syrup, and some whip cream. They did advertise a breakfast special for $5.95 from 8-10AM, which is probably a good deal. Think you got eggs, meat, breakfast potatoes, bread, and coffee. They would not let us order it at this price, since we arrived at 10:30AM. The restaurant itself is very cute.

• Visited August 2012