“Great bar and bartenders” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gamekeeper's Tavern

The Gamekeeper's Tavern
Ranked #15 of 33 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cashiers, NC
“Great bar and bartenders”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

All I can say is that I really like this bar. It is a great looking bar and the staff is very friendly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GKTavern, Manager at The Gamekeeper's Tavern, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think. Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Laurens, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let reviews discourage you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We about missed out on a wonderful dining experience at the Gamekeeper's Tavern. Before choosing this restaurant, we did a bit of researching reviews...Good thing we did not take them to heart.
We had a wonderful dining experience. The salads were some of the best we have ever had. Enjoyed a very generous Tuna Tataki appetizer. Our main courses were timely and at the correct temperature. Two orders of Elk Chops, Lamb and the Mixed Grill Trio. The wait staff was observant, and friendly. We will definitely return to the Gamekeeper's Tavern.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ermkid
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your thoughts. Thanks so much for choosing The Gamekeeper's Tavern and we hope to serve you again soon!

Cheers!
Auburn, Alabama, United States
“Arrogance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been to the restaurant several times and have recommended the restaurant to many friends that have used our mountain homes in the area -- as a matter of fact, we went tonight to use a gift certificate left by one of our house guest. When we arrived about 6:30 we were greeted warmly by the bartender (I assume -- he came from behind the bar) -- the place was empty save for four or five people at the bar and one couple at a high top in the bar area. The bartender asked us if we had a reservation and we stated "no". He said just a second and he proceeded to finish cleaning a table in front of the fireplace -- we were happy to be seated any where and made no inquiries. We were seated shortly and were getting settled in when out of no where we were approached by a tall, overweight man (I think he is the owner -- I had been introduced to him several years ago when the restaurant first opened). He abruptly inquired again if we had a reservation and we stated no -- he then said that we had to move to a high top bar table -- I was taken aback -- how would he have the nerve to ask us to move once we had been seated and especially when he had an empty restaurant -- I just said we would just go to another restaurant -- he seemed to be happy with this outcome while the bartender seemed to be very embarrassed. I felt bad for the bartender, but I would not stay -- I will trash the $100.00 gift certificate rather than go back because of the actions of the rude, arrogant owner.

I have called a couple of local friends after we left and he said that it sounds like the owner and he treats people like that regularly. And by reading the reviews, it seems it happens often. We went to The Cork & Barrel just down the street and had wonderful service and good food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nick D
We are sorry you did not enjoy your breif time with us. We reccomend reservations every night regardless of the time of year. We understand your not wanting to move and apologize for you having been sat there. We take reservations and happened to be full that night. Just because no one is in the room when you walk in does not mean we are not full. We do our best to honor all reservations and requests. We would never give your table away and hope you understand this. The table you sat at had been specifically requested. We also offered these gentlemen several other seating options througout the bar, they declined. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you choose to join us again. The Gamekeeper's Tavern Reccomends Reservations.

Thanks for your time.
Sapphire, North Carolina
“For Fine Dining and special occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have reveiwed Gamekeepers before, but for those who will be coming into town this winter to ski, I just have to repeat myself again and encourage you to try Gamekeepers tavern. Its different, everything I have had there is top notch, and I love the atmosphere especially in the winter. Yeah, its a little more expensive, but the food is so good. Try the Bacon wrapped quail!! Its a taste experience you won't forget, and you'll crave the flavor long after you've gone back home.
I live here, and I know all the best places to eat in town, and this one is worth putting on your list!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank o2bnchanted
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon. Don't forget to check out our small plates and tavern plates that are built for everyday dinning as well.

Thanks!
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Home of the best burger in the world. The chef is a genius. The Blue Bison Burger was the best I have ever had. The atmosphere is great and the staff was so friendly. Will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for choosing The Gamkeeper's Tavern and taking time to leave your thoughts. If we can do anyhting to make your future visits more enjoyable just let us know.

Thank You!