“A must stop”
Review of The Gamekeeper's Tavern - CLOSED

The Gamekeeper's Tavern
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A hidden gem. As a full-time resident this place is fun when the summer crowds are gone but if you are vacationing in the valley come early and you will not wait long. Be adventurous in your selections.

GKTavern, Manager at The Gamekeeper's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think. Your feedback is always important. If we can make your time with us more enjoyable just let us know. Thanks!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

They feature game but also have chicken and beef. Small plates are wonderfull. Grilled romaine lettuce with caesar dressing is excellent but be sure to split with some on as portion is large. Shrimp and grits(baked)has a wonderful sauce and the wild boar quesadeas were great but split as an appetizer. Nice selection of entrees and burgers of beef,venison, elk or buffalo. Nice rustic atmosphere , full bar and lounge with live music.

We thank you for choosing to dine with us and for your feedback. If we can do anyhting to better serve you please let us know.

Thank You!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was taken out by a friend while visiting the area for my first time. I had one of the greatest meals I've had in a long time. They cook the food they way it is supposed to taste; And the service the staff delivers is phenomenal! I tried the Filet Mignon - mouth watering.

Thanks so much for reviewing us. We look forward to serveing you again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wow.. what a great meal. I had rib of beast and it was delicious! According to the waitress, it had been soaked in cola, I believe. Unbelievable. My husband had lamb chops and was delighted with his choice. We shared their Caesar salad. Roasted on the grill - very good and large! The atmosphere was very nice as was our waitress.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think. We always appreciate feedback and lookforward to making each of your dinning experiences better than the last.

Thank You!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My sister and I went for a light dinner, which they have many choices for half plates! Drinks were great as was the food..we sat at the outside area which had a roaring fire in the fireplace. Had the roasted beet salad and the bacon wrapped quail delicious! My sister had the bison burger and we split the sprimp & grits yummy! Would definitely go back! I'm not sure why others think this is expensive..It's an unique upscale menu, not for young children or non adventous eaters!

Thanks for visiting us and leaving us your thoughts. We appreciate it and look forward to serveing you in the future.