“Unique casual dining”

The Gamekeeper's Tavern
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Jacksonville, fl
“Unique casual dining”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

They feature game but also have chicken and beef. Small plates are wonderfull. Grilled romaine lettuce with caesar dressing is excellent but be sure to split with some on as portion is large. Shrimp and grits(baked)has a wonderful sauce and the wild boar quesadeas were great but split as an appetizer. Nice selection of entrees and burgers of beef,venison, elk or buffalo. Nice rustic atmosphere , full bar and lounge with live music.

• Visited October 2012
GKTavern, Manager at The Gamekeeper's Tavern, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We thank you for choosing to dine with us and for your feedback. If we can do anyhting to better serve you please let us know.

Thank You!

Tampa
“Absolultely AMAZING”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was taken out by a friend while visiting the area for my first time. I had one of the greatest meals I've had in a long time. They cook the food they way it is supposed to taste; And the service the staff delivers is phenomenal! I tried the Filet Mignon - mouth watering.

• Visited April 2012
Thanks so much for reviewing us. We look forward to serveing you again soon.

Cheers!
Dover, Delaware
“Rib of Beast???”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wow.. what a great meal. I had rib of beast and it was delicious! According to the waitress, it had been soaked in cola, I believe. Unbelievable. My husband had lamb chops and was delighted with his choice. We shared their Caesar salad. Roasted on the grill - very good and large! The atmosphere was very nice as was our waitress.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think. We always appreciate feedback and lookforward to making each of your dinning experiences better than the last.

Thank You!
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Wonderful atmosphere & food”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My sister and I went for a light dinner, which they have many choices for half plates! Drinks were great as was the food..we sat at the outside area which had a roaring fire in the fireplace. Had the roasted beet salad and the bacon wrapped quail delicious! My sister had the bison burger and we split the sprimp & grits yummy! Would definitely go back! I'm not sure why others think this is expensive..It's an unique upscale menu, not for young children or non adventous eaters!

• Visited October 2012
Thanks for visiting us and leaving us your thoughts. We appreciate it and look forward to serveing you in the future.
glasgow, KY
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were visiting close to the Gamekeepers Tavern. I had the beet salad which was great. I also had a bison dish. Food was great. Wait staff was attentive. Nice atmosphere in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

• Visited October 2012
We appreciate your feedback and hope t see you again soon!