“Nice Place”

Courtyard Raleigh Cary
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a nice stay. This hotel clean and neat. Wonderful Staff, they made sure your check-in was pleasant. It was conviently located, close to many restaurants. It was near Friday's, Carrabas,Subway and a Pizza place. Easy access to the Highway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Raleigh Cary

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was a very clean and recently renovated (I think) and I have no complaints at all. The rooms were pleasantly decorated and more than enough room for my wife and I. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. It was reasonably priced and our checkout went smoothly even though I was using AA points for the stay(not so in the other hotel we stayed at in Savannah) This is the second time I have stayed here and I will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here 4th of July weekend; have stayed here before on weekend trips to Raleigh, and they've updated the place, and it was really wonderful. Though it seems to be a bit out from Raleigh, the highways make it very convenient, even to downtown, and weekend price especially good.
Very convenient to PNC center, and multiple restaurants nearby, and a good ale house within staggering distance. Recent stay included a custom cooked breakfast, which was way better than the usual motel waffle/bagel/fruit/coffee thing. If you go to area on the fourth of July, great view of the Cary fireworks from the hotel front lawn

Room Tip: rooms facing coerurtyard quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have mixed thoughts on this hotel. We were greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful employee who got us checked in, a nice young woman whose family was from the Virgin Islands (a favorite topic of ours). The limited interaction we had with the staff was fine, and this woman at the front desk was just extremely welcoming and wonderful. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We got a great price as well. Everything was fantastic with only two exceptions, the reasons for my mixed feelings. The towels are extremely thin and non-absorbent. I was very surprised that they had what seemed to be very cheap towels. Also, the mattress was very uncomfortable and two nights on it really took a toll on my back. While everything else was just great, these two specific things are also very important to me, particularly the mattress. I had difficulty deciding whether to give 3 or 4 stars, and decided that I did not want to go as low as 3, but the hotel should really address the mattresses and towels, since these two comfort factors are very important to many travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this location several times as it is one of the closest hotels to our daughter's home. The past several visits have had issues ranging from fire alarms going off in the middle of the night to little air conditioning in the rooms. On this visit, I am happy to say that there were no issues. The air conditioning situation in the rooms has been fixed and the room was nice and cool. The hotel staff was fine and very helpful and the property was in good condition, with the remodeling completed. My only complaint is the overpriced Starbucks that you find at many Courtyard properties, along with the slow service since they were busy in the morning. At least the hotel could offer free coffee in the lobby instead of the high priced Starbucks. Also, they had no apple muffins, which most Starbucks have. Also be warned, that this location is a little hard to find and there is really nothing around it. Very small signs from the road. Overall, a much better visit than the past ones and probably will continue to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night. We got in late and had an early start. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were everything I expect at this chain, very clean comfortable and bright cheerful decor. Plus extremely convenient power outlets and desk that had plenty of room for me to do a little computer work before calling it a night. Shower pressure was the same great flow you get at almost any Courtyard with the high end Speakman shower heads. I'm amazed more of the upper end motels don't copy this feature! Internet speed was great and connecting was easy. I had a great stay and will stay here again next time I'm in town. Congrats Courtyard you've done it again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been staying here for 5 or 6 years now and don't plan on going anywhere else. The staff is always fantastic, helpful, and friendly. We love this property. Walking distance to great restaurants in adjacent plaza is a plus after a long day in the car.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends