“Best experience at a hotel yet - Scott Jones makes this my choice hotel in Cary, NC.”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I travel extensively for work and stay at the Hampton Inn in Cary, NC at least once a week (and have for the past 2.5 yrs). Every member of the hotel staff is friendly, warm and effective at their jobs. There is one individual that stands out from the rest - he always recognizes me, goes the extra mile and really adds a touch of home away from home. When you travel as much as I do - that is a fabulous thing to find. It is what ultimately keeps me coming back. I want to say thank you to Scott Jones who always WOWs me!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Shallotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2010

During the past 2 years, I have spent more than 100 nights at this hotel. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly and efficient. I will drive extra miles to enable me to stay at this hotel. This is the closest place I know to being at home!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cary
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I recently stayed at the Cary Hampton Inn on 2 separate occasions in the past 2 weeks. Hands down the best value. I always get a great nights sleep on their beds, enjoy their excellent breakfast and the staff are wonderful. It is convenient to many restaurants, shopping and grocery stores.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2010

From the time we entered the hotel and was greeted by the staff, it was a wonderful visit. I can't begin to compliment the entire staff enough for their friendiness, kindness, and warm reception. It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel and will be sure to book again when in the area. The rooms were very, very clean and the bed slept wonderfully. I loved the choice between the soft or the firm pillows too. The front desk personnel were fantastic. They treated us as if we were long time friends and I appreciate this!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I take a weekend trip each year in October to attend the opening season of Duke basketball on Friday and the NC State Fair on Saturday. We always stay at a Hampton Inn because they are my favorite hotels and usually have wonderful accomidations. This time however was different. This was my worst stay at a Hampton Inn. There were several reasons: 1. The heating/cooling unit made the loudest noise each time it came on through the night. It sounded like a plane getting ready to take off. It did this all night long every hour. We were cold, so we didn't want to turn it off. 2.) The bed (which is usually very comfortable) was so wobbly that each time my husband moved, I felt like I was going to slide off into the floor. I'm not sure why this was occuring as this does not happen at home. 3.) The toilet became stopped up the very first time we used it. This was embarassing as we had to call the front desk and ask for a plunger. I did tell the front desk the next morning of the issue with the HVAC and explained that it should probably be looked at before someone else checked in. However, I told her that we were having breakfast and had not checked out yet. When I returned from breakfast, I found that someone had already been in the room to get the filter and brought it back after we returned. This made me feel uncomfortable as I had all my valuables laid out and did not want anyone in the room until after we checked out. I also did not feel that the front desk cared weather we had a good stay or not (as no one even asked when I was checking out). Very poor customer service! The whole stay just became a disaster and I am very disappointed. I have stayed at some wonderful Hilton/Hampton properties through the years but I must say this one was the worst and it ruined my whole day because of lack of sleep. We will NOT be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dukiegirl
hamptoncary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Dear dukiegirl,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us - we strive to provide the very best customer service and accommodations to all of our guests and I'm very sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations during this stay. We do appreciate your comments and will use them to continue to improve our customer service. I ask that you would contact me at your convenience so we can further discuss your recent experience and make sure this is resolved to your satisfaction and does not reoccur.

Ashley Ray
DeSoto
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights while we were visiting family. The breakfast was good, although it was the same every morning, but good anyway. The server at breakfast was friendly and the desk staff seemed to be enjoying their jobs. Our rooms were always clean, the pillows were very comfy and the bed was great. The pool is outdoors and it rained, so we did not have the opportunity to use it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2010

As soon as I met Scott Jones the really wonderful man who checked us in I knew my husband and I would be having a great stay at The Hampton Inn. Scott appreciated how exhausted we were and sped up the check-in process so we were able to get into our room hours before the official check-in time. He was so very helpful and responsive I couldn't believe our luck when we realized everyone at The Hampton Inn is great!.
I have to say from the very competent top management to the uber-efficient cleaning staff, Hampton Inn rocked!

The room was spotless and came equipped with not only a coffee maker but a fridge & microwave as well. I loved the free breakfast buffet! There was an overabundance of choices with fresh fruit available around the clock. I have to say I fell in love with their coffee. Better than a lot of coffee houses I've been to here in NYC.

The staff made all the difference and there was not one weak link among them. I would've been completely comfortable chatting with them while over-indulging in their sorely missed coffee.

The next time I find myself needing a place to stay in the Raleigh area, The Hampton Inn will not only be my first choice, it will be my only one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple