“Fantastic Hospitality. Really Special Staff.”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Oyster Bay, New York
“Fantastic Hospitality. Really Special Staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

As soon as I met Scott Jones the really wonderful man who checked us in I knew my husband and I would be having a great stay at The Hampton Inn. Scott appreciated how exhausted we were and sped up the check-in process so we were able to get into our room hours before the official check-in time. He was so very helpful and responsive I couldn't believe our luck when we realized everyone at The Hampton Inn is great!.
I have to say from the very competent top management to the uber-efficient cleaning staff, Hampton Inn rocked!

The room was spotless and came equipped with not only a coffee maker but a fridge & microwave as well. I loved the free breakfast buffet! There was an overabundance of choices with fresh fruit available around the clock. I have to say I fell in love with their coffee. Better than a lot of coffee houses I've been to here in NYC.

The staff made all the difference and there was not one weak link among them. I would've been completely comfortable chatting with them while over-indulging in their sorely missed coffee.

The next time I find myself needing a place to stay in the Raleigh area, The Hampton Inn will not only be my first choice, it will be my only one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BagBaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Asheville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Scott Jones took care of me I had a small dilemma and handled it as I would have for one of my customers. Excellent service. Highly recommend this hotel. Great staff.great experience thanks to Scott Jones.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
North Central Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

We have plenty of good things to say about this Hampton Inn. Like all other Hampton Inns we've stayed in, this one was clean, comfortable, quiet, updated and well-maintained. We also found its location safe and convenient for visiting Carter-Finley Stadium and the NC State campus (less than 15 minutes away). Unfortunately, throughout the stay we got the impression that this particular Hampton Inn was understaffed. An example included the five minute wait we experienced while waiting for a staff member to appear at the front desk when checking-in. Upon appearing no apologies were given for the wait and while this staff member was not rude, we got the distinct impression that she had other things she'd rather be doing at that moment. Another example was noted the following morning when we observed that a single staff member was responsible for both the front desk staff and hospitality in the breakfast area. Also, we do not know if this is a practice specific to this particular Hampton Inn or if this something being implemented in all Hampton Inns now, but instead of hot breakfast items served from a buffet, as we have typically found at other Hampton Inns, one was responsible for heating his/her selection after choosing it from a refrigerator filled with items in microwavable pouches.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Franklin Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed here for a full week for our North Carolina Vacation. Great location about 7 miles from the RDU airport but a quick trip 10 minutes and right off the exit in Cary. A gas station is right next to the hotel in the same lot which was convenient for filling up and snacks. The hotel also has a little snack shop with plenty of stuff. The hotel was very clean and the room was a good size and very comfortable. The breakfast every morning changed with a nice selection of different egg combination's and potatoes and bacon and sausage. waffles were made available everyday and they had fruits cereal and juices and coffee and little cartons of Milk.They also have an evening reception with snacks and beverages.There was plenty of Parking available in a big lot which had lots of spaces, if you get back late you can feel comfortable walking in a well lit area. The Pool is a pretty good size with a extensive patio area for sitting outside. The workout room faces the pool and has a few machines mostly for cardiovascular activities. The business center is located off the open area where breakfast and the evening reception is served. They have a couple of computers and printers for usage. The laundry facilities were good since we stayed for a week, 2 washers and dryers so you might not have to wait if someone else wants to do laundry . Overall a very enjoyable stay here, we will stay again when visiting the area. Very friendly and helpful staff also.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drw2112
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Great stopover on our way home from Myrtle Beach, and it was perfect. Nice, quiet hotel with comfortable beds. Great staff too...very friendly and gave us a free upgrade.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
hamptoncary, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary on your trip to Myrtle Beach. We welcome you back anytime and hope to see you soon
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

stayed here overnight for a business meeting. was made to feel welcome and like nothing would be too much trouble. i'm usually quite picky so this place must be good! only problem was that (like in a lot of US hotels), you can't open the window.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

was a very stressful trip moving my youngist son to cary from illinois over 16 hour drive when we arrived very nice staff and so willing to comfort me they went over and beyond there duties to see we were happy. nice breakfast selections and very nice rooms clean and home like wonderful place to stay. you would be very happy..5 stars to everyone we crossed paths with bless you for making my stay better.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple