“Normally my stay at a Hampton Inn is excellent, but...”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This time I got a room with defective Heating/Air... my wife and I spent the night on a rougher than usual bed and in uncomfortable temperature! Technician came up when I called... reset the cooling unit, and admitted to there being problems, and told me what to do... but when it locked up and / or froze up late that evening, it failed.

Room Tip: Make sure the Heating/Air unit is in working order before unpacking!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I apologize for the issues you had with the air conditioning system in your room. I understand how difficult it is to sleep when you are hot because I am the same way. And I'm sure that mixed with the fact the bed was uncomfortable, did not set you up for a very good day the next morning. Again, I apologize for the issues, and I hope that the next time you are in the area, you give us another try. Thank you for being a loyal Hhonors member and thank you for staying with us. Please let me know if I can do anything else for you.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Hampton Inn was clean and staff was friendly. The room was clean. I had a desk chair that didn't raise up and a plug in the light that didn't work. I got a new chair and nothing was done with light as there were 2 plugs. The hotel maintenance staff was nice and accommodating. Great location, breakfast was fine - nothing fancy. Stair wells were well light as I like to take the stairs. I would stay there again. The bed was a little hard but wasn't uncomfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that there were issues with your desk chair and lamp. I trust that the staff to great care of you! Thank you for your kind words about our Maintenance staff, they greatly appreciated it! I'm sorry that the bed was harder than your preference, but glad that it wasn't uncomfortable. Hopefully you were able to get a great nights rest! Again, thank you for your comments, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice, clean, safe hotel for solo travelers, especially female travelers.
Friendly staff, decent breakfast.
Good location. Right next to Wake Medical and across from a Wal-Mart. Very convenient.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We love hearing feed back from our guests so thank you very much for the comment on your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed everything and that the hotel met all of your needs! We pride ourself on our friendliness and service and hope that it helps everyone enjoy their stay. Thank you for chosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I were there to hear the NC Symphony. We arrived before noon, and our room was ready; and there was no fee for early check-in. Check-in and check out was quick and easy. The staff is so hospitable, and competent; and the hotel is very clean. Our non-smoking room was most comfortable, and quiet. Also, one feels secure in this hotel. The complementary breakfast had selections to suit most any diet. Although this hotel does not have a restaurant, there is a restaurant next door that offers 10% off to travelers staying at this Inn. The Inn is just off the Raleigh beltway, and it was easy to reach our destination in Raleigh - Meymandi Hall.
Our room was an exceptional value!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room. We were on the 4th floor, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hi CharlotteDavis! Thanks so much for your review, we definitely appreciate you taking the time to highlight all the positive things about our hotel.

I agree, we do have a great staff who are all very hospitable and competent. Most of the staff have been here for years and really enjoy their job. I love that you also pointed out how clean, comfortable, quiet and secure our hotel is. We are situated in a great area here in Cary where there are restaurants and other things to do nearby. Our location is convenient to the beltway as well, making everywhere in the area (even the NC Symphony) around just a 10 minute drive.

Thanks again for the feedback! We hope you will stay with us again sometime soon, we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I arrived at this hotel very early in the day and they checked me in immediately. The hotel is clean and updated and as usual the bed and pillows are very comfortable. It is increasingly important to me to have a nice workout room with good equipmen. They had 2 treadmills and an elipical. All new and in excellent condition. They staff was helpfull with directing me to a good restaurant, that was actually within walking distance. It was a bit further away from the Raleigh NC airport than I had originally thought but it only took about 10 min to drive there. All in all, another good experience at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for the kind words you had about our hotel and staff. We greatly appreciate we pride ourselves on the appearance of the hotel and the fact that you noticed the hotel being clean and updated means a great deal to us. Although our fitness center is not the biggest out there, we have tried to equip it with the right machines and we also give complimentary access to a local gym down the street in case guests we do not have everything a guest needs for their work out. Our staff strives to be friendly and help each and every guest have a great experience. We are lucky to have some great restaurants very close to our hotel to direct our guests to! We hope to see you the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I can be of any other assistance to you.

Joe Francisco
joe.francisco@hilton.com

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff and hotel accommodations were excellent, especially the staff. We couldn't have asked for better service and hospitality. The staff was very personable and helpful. We had two groups of teen ball players and the staff was very kind and gracious with each of them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! We loved having your groups stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Our employees really strive to give great service and pride themselves on friendliness. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you guys again next year.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

A bit older Hampton property... The hall carpets are a bit worn looking, but I didn't sleep in the hall. The room was good sized, the bed comfortable. This Hampton seemed a bit lower priced than usual. Very late arrival so I was very happy for a dark, quiet room. Not close to the interstate, so you don't have semis roaring underneath your window. Close t lots of food options. The night desk clerk was very welcoming.

The breakfast was stable, took a to-go bag from the desk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ranger505
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback.

The hotel will be going through a brief renovation beginning next month which will replace the hallway carpets and completely redo the lobby. The lobby renovation will allow us to upgrade some of our breakfast offerings and better serve our guests in our public space!

Because you enjoyed your recent stay, I truly hope you get a chance to come back and visit after our renovation to see how great the property is then!

I am glad that you found our staff very welcoming as we strive for top notch customer service!

Again, we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon!