“Cowboy decor, lousy coleslaw”
Review of Remington Grill

Remington Grill
Ranked #197 of 479 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you like your restaurant to have a cigar store Indian, cowboy movie posters and the walls covered with Remington and Winchester rifle posters, this is your place. If not, Jason's next door is bright and modern.

I had the chicken fingers. They were lightly breaded and not greasy. I substituted my fries for beans and paid extra for coleslaw since I was told it was mayonnaise based....The beans were delicious, smoky sweet and hot in temperature. The cole slaw was disgusting. The cabbage was chopped so fine it was like eating grits, and it was watery. Blech.

My husband had the grilled chicken, beans and coleslaw. He thought the coleslaw was terrible too. His meal came on a white plate with a pale chicken breast and the two sides in styrofoam containers. I'm not a person who needs a great presentation on the food, but this looked like elementary school cafeteria. Very unappetizing.

The only beer selection is Budweiser varieties. There is no wine.

Kids eat free on Mondays.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Remington Grill has been in business at this location for more than fifteen years. It is a casual local spot with a western theme. My favorite is the Jesse James, a shredded chicken sandwich with bbq sauce that comes with the freshest and yummiest french fries in the area. One of the best bargains anywhere is the Sunday special all-you-can-eat riblets. Remington has a signature "dipping'" sauce for their fries. Everyone I've taken here likes this and the fixins' bar with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, that you can add to your sandwich. In fact, everyone whom I've taken here, whether it be for lunch or dinner, any day of the week, has raved about it. When you eat in you can go back for fry refills. There are specialty burgers and chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, a veggie burger, several sides selections, etc. The bbq is red sauce. The Carolina Style "white" bbq isn't served here, not that often seen anymore on local menus. Remington is popular with families who gather here. I'd guess it's because the food is consistently good, servings generous, and priced reasonably. The service is usually fast even when it's really busy. You place your order and are called when it's ready. For me this is the best food of this type anywhere.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I do not eat regular hamburger so I was thrilled when I noticed a turkey burger on the menu! I also ordered sweet potato fries - both were wonderful!!! This is definitely a must try restaurant!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I love these ribs from here and the fries that are fresh cut are the best of all, plus if your really hungry they have free refills! The only thing lacking was the cole slaw, they pretty much pulverized it to mush and was not any flavor to it. Good service, nice atmosphere. They have a great menu of burgers and chicken too!

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I were Christmas shopping in the same complex as this place. We could smell it from about a half mile out. Absolutely worth the stop. I tried the Wyatt Earp and my wife got the Outlaw. Both sandwiches were very good. I will eat here again if in the area.

Been to Remington Grill? Share your experiences!