“Surprise!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 466 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harrison Avenue
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Surprise!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had heard a lot of good things about Ruth's Chris, but no specific. So for a special family outing, we (4 of us) went for a steak dinner. The food was good but not great, the prices were as high as we have seen for what you get, and certain things were off. Not a great night and we certainly wont be back again.
1. The food. just about everything was VERY overpriced, $43 for the typical steak on a small plate. The steaks were good, but dont live up to what we can do ourselves on the grill. Tasty but not great. And a little too much gristle for a $43 steak. Everything was a la carte. So to add asparagus or broccoli or a baked potato or salad or soup would be another $7-9 per item per person. We eat out a lot and have been to some expensive meals, but this one screamed 'rip off'. Angus Barn is better for about 25% less money, House of Ribeye in Oxford was almost as good steak, but came with a great salad bar and potato for half the price.
The bread was a bit stale. Usually bread is a nice addition to the meal, this was not.
The salads were good, large and very ice-cold. Probably the food highlight.
2. Service, was very good and attentive.
In all-- a rip-off, not worth it. Go to Angus Barn, or Parizade or ...

Tarboro, North Carolina
“an Off Night?”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Ruth's Chris in Cary used to be our number one dinner destination, even within the chain. While the food was delicious (as it should be at $100/head), last night the service was rotten. Gone are the seasoned staff and bartenders that knew their menus and wines. The mixed drinks were average. We had a waiter that had been there a year that should have stayed at Applebee's. He did not know the menu and dumped a bottle of a 97 Latour into the decanter like he was pouring a shot at Hooter's and ruined a bottle we saved for this occasion. For these prices they have a lot of improving to do. Fleming's in Raleigh has a younger staff, but we would be inclined to go there next time.

Cary, NC
“As always: expensive but good”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I personally do not like to go to Ruth's Chris Steak House, but my wife loves it.
The food is outrageously expansive - at least twice more expensive than similar items in Outback Steakhouse or in Bonefish Grill, and in addition to it, the restaurant considers itself "fancy": my 20-year old son always wears his cap - he was asked to take it off because "their restaurant policy does not allow wearing anything on the head" - this is why me and my sons do not like this restaurant too much. However, the food is usually very good: portions are big, and cooked very tasty.
Anyways, me and my sons definitely prefer Outback Steakhouse or Bonefish Grill or Red Lobster or Olive Garden: less formal environment, also pretty good food, and costs at least twice less than in Ruth's Chris Steak House.
I would recommend for normal people (not CEOs/CFOs or other types of people who is intensively looking for ways to get rid of their extra money and do like to be straiten-out while eating in the restaurant) to go to Ruth's Chris Steak House ONLY for special occasions (what we do in our family) - once/twice a year.

1 Thank mika3873
“Always great food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Having eaten at a number of Ruth's worldwide - I can say the service and food is consistently one of the best. I was ever so slightly disappointed in the pre-prepared salad as well as the cut of meat. However, it will not stop me from eating once or twice a year at this once New Orleans based restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I love this resturant!!! I wish they would bring back the bread with the golden raisins. I love love love the sweet potato casserole. This resturant is a bit pricey so it wont be a every week resturant but its great for special occasions.