“best hot dogs ever!!!”
Review of Ashworth Drugs

Ashworth Drugs
Ranked #8 of 22 Dessert in Cary
Reviewed June 6, 2013

delicious old time hot dogs and orange ads, hot fudge sundaes etc, hard to find back in time soda shops, just love going

Reviewed August 18, 2012

A step back in time for probably the best hot dogs in Cary. Sit at the counter or in a booth. Free refills on drinks. Tables outside if the weather is pleasant. You will meet many long time Cary residents as well as new comers here. Friendly staff.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I think it's great that they've kept the soda fountain the same for years, and it really is visually nostalgic, however; you do not get what you pay for
There is hardly anything on the sandwiches (I mean we don't ask for much). You feel like you've just eaten two pieces bread/toast. And, of course, as we expect, the prices have gone way up.
The orangeades might as well be snow cones because all you get is a cup full of ice, with a little orange flavoring.
Overall, very disappointing.
We'll stay home and have our own pimento cheese/egg salad/chicken salad sandwiches, and orangeades. Oh, AND there will be a place to sit down eat.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The lunch counter took me back to me youth! Great food!

2  Thank BobandPaulette1983
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am a Cary native and as far back as I can remember, this drug store soda fountain has been famous for it's delicious hot dogs and hand-squeezed orangeades and lemonades! My generation has enjoyed these then my daughter's generation and now the granddaughter will be introduced to this delightful place. If you live in Cary and have not been there or if you are visiting or just passing through--DON'T MISS THIS CORNER DRUGSTORE'S HOT DOGS!! It is easy to eat two or three in one sitting! ENJOY!!!

3  Thank GIRLSGETAWAY_10

Been to Ashworth Drugs? Share your experiences!