“Wouldn't recomend it!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cary
UK
“Wouldn't recomend it!”
Reviewed November 26, 2005

After staying at a Best Western in Charlotte we had high hopes which quickly turned to disapointment. The living area in our room was dingy as the rooms only have 1 window in the bedroom. however it was still easy to see the sofa was well worn. The kitchenette was well equiped. Beds were OK. Room was only serviced once in our 5 day stay-didn't much like having to make the beds.
Breakfast was just adequate but after 8.15am everything had run out and the staff were not at all happy about restocking bread, bagels etc. Also lots of workmen staying here. We had young people in the room next to us who were very noisy on one occasion in the evening.
The fitness area is a joke! Neither the exercise bike nor the treadmill worked and the spa has a half height wall with screen above it and is about 6 feet from the belt line! The worst thing was the fact that we didn't feel very safe as we were told equipment had been stolen from pick uops in the parking lot 4 times in the previous 3 weeks. As we returned to the hotel at around 7pm one evening we were approached by a woman in the parking lot who said she had run out of gas and was from 2 hours outside town. When I said we had no cash she asked if I (FEMALE) would go to the gas station with her. Needless to say I said no. We were surprised by this hotel as Cary is apparently a good area but I guess it is just off the belt line and easily accesible.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank susananddavid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Orlando
Reviewed May 12, 2005

Although I don't usually prefer staying at Best Western properties, I did have a good night's stay at this one. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly. The room was clean although there was a slight smell in it at first (cleaning fluid ??) which quickly went away after the room was aired out for a few minutes. There was enough to eat in the morning to get you started on the road.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank MartyL
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2004

I was excited to discover an affordable hotel in Cary, in what seemed to be an ideal location right off of Walnut Street. What I found when I got there was much different than I had expected.

Best Western Cary Inn and Suites is located right off the interstate, but is difficult to find. It is tucked in the back and the sign is discreet. To my dismay, I arrived after 7 pm and there were NO parking spaces. Further, the parking lot was poorly lit, and the cleanliness of the room was sub-par. The sheets were torn, the sofa had a huge stain on it, and the remote did not work! The bathroom floor had hair on it, as if it had not been cleaned. Best Western Cary Inn and Suites did not fulfill my standards of what hotel cleanliness should be. You pay for what you get.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
fredericksburg, virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2003

We've stayed at the Best Western for the past 3 years of Cary Band Day weekend (usually in October). Our kids in marching band stay at another hotel. We chose Best Western because we did not want to be in the same hotel as our kids (too noisy),it is down the street from the Towne Center and where the marching bands congregate, close to the Golden Corral and a quick entrance to I-64. We like the free continental breakfast and reasonable rates. Room is always clean and it is quiet.
We're looking forward to Cary Band Day November 1, 2003!