“Adequate”

Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here as a result of a decent Hotwire rate. The property is adequate for the price, but we experienced several minor issues that when considered as a whole lead me to rate the property as average. The hotel is clean and the staff stays on top of things. The property has a well appointed fitness center with a multi exercise machine and several cardio machines that allows for a full workout. The breakfast is well done with a neat machine that makes hot pancakes when you push a button.

The property has a pool, it's outdoor but reasonably well maintained. The issues we experienced were a hanging smoke detector and television remote that couldn't cycle the channels. Neither is a big deal in and of itself. The property is also a 'tri level' like design and while there is an elevator, navigating the place could be difficult for handicapped folks.

Exiting the place is a bit tricky as well. If you want to get back on the freeway you need turn right and make a quick U-turn.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. If you get a good rate and it's convenient to your destination, consider it. I'd consider staying here again, but would seek other options first.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
BWPCGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am so sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your stay. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback as we continuously endeavor to focus on ways to improve. Thank you again for your time and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here last spring, decided to give it a try since it was close to the horse complex. Usually stay at another Best Western in the area, but will change my location to this one in the future. Had a suite room with a kitchen and it was clean, and roomy. It is a little difficult to get into because of the construction, but is easy to get out of and is right by the interstate.

Room Tip: rooms in separate suite building are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BWPCGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post such a nice review, and we are so excited to be your new home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again next time. Please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,
Best Western Hotel - Cary, NC

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a below average hotel. The owners are building a new (different brand) hotel next door and are clearly putting all of their resources into that facility. The building is old, not well maintained, but the staff does the best they can do considering the hotel needs a full top to bottom renovation. Furniture old, carpets need replaces, and cabinets are circa 1974. The only positive is the staff. Housekeeping does a good job given what they have to work with. Best Western needs to inspect this hotel, it is not up to their corporate requirements.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BWPCGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always our pleasure to be your home away from home when guest stay with us and our staff takes special pride in providing the ultimate guest experience to every guest.

We take all our reviews very seriously and are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodations. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

I hope that when you are in the Cary area again, you will give us another opportunity to ensure you have a great stay, once our renovations are complete.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found this to be a nice little budget hotel. Free breakfast, free internet, and a nice desk and chair to work from. I have no complaints. It does have a little age on it, but it looks like they are trying to keep it modernized with things like flat screen TVs. They also had a little card saying how their TV remotes were flat so that they could be easily cleaned. I hadn't seen that before.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
BWPCGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of the Best Western Plus Cary-NC State. We appreciate you staying with us while visiting the Cary area.

We take great pride in our staff and their service to our guest. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm reading through some of the negative comments about this hotel and wondering if they stayed at the same property as I had!

We stayed for only one night, but we found the hotel generally, and our room specifically, to be conveniently located, quiet, clean, everything working, etc. The king-sized bed and pillows were comfortable. The flat-screen TV worked well.

Breakfast in the morning was a treat, with pancakes, hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, turkey bacon, plus the full array of continental breakfast treats. After staying in some "suite" hotels that offered limited or no breakfast at all, this was a huge bonus.

The staff was very friendly, both at the front desk and in the breakfast room.

The hotel is located behind the Waffle House on Walnut, and we missed the turn the first time we drove by at night. There is also some construction going on both in front and behind the hotel, but that did not impact our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
BWPCGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

At the present time August 2013- there is construction all around it. There is also an Extended Stay building behind the regular Best Western. I am not a snob but the patrons of this establishment are questionable. They loiter around the building and I would not feel safe if I were traveling alone. We bring our pet and when we take the pet out- one of us stands at the door of the hotel and watches the other walking the dog. My husband would not walk around the back of our hotel building at night and he is a former Marine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Cary-NC State again and taking time to post your review. We pride ourselves with an award winning housekeeping department and I appreciate you bringing the issues you experienced to my attention.

We take all feedback very seriously. I hope that you will continue to choose our hotel when visiting the Cary area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I requested to see my room and when I saw it refused to stay at this place. I am honestly rethinking anywhere online travel sites list as 3 stars in the future. This was a place for people to live weekly. Dark, dreary and I would be scared to stay in such conditions. I may never book thru online booking again. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: There is NO good room at this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BWPCGM, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced when you took a tour of our sleeping room. Our Front Desk associate accidently showed a room to you that is off market for renovation by mistake. I am so sorry you did not stay with us so you could have experienced our superior customer service and also have been able to see all the new renovations we are still currently doing.

I hope that when you are in the Cary area again, you will give us another opportunity to ensure you have a great stay.

Best Western Hotel -