“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very nice place to eat. Simple and awesome!

I especially love the pide bread they serve with the dip. I am a vegetarian and enjoyed the meal here!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Bosphorus many times. Each time we are welcomed like family. I have favorites and unfailingly the staff remembers my preferences. The baklava is excellent, fresh and homemade. Likewise, the bread is so good, we tend to overeat. Never leave without the endless hot tea to complete the meal.
We often take out of town friends and family for dinner. The only drawback is the limited size. So we have learned either to go early (before 6) or after 7:30.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

To say this is a small location is relative. What is accurate is with the outside closed they can seat 20 max. Plan on a wait during weekends but I will say it is worth the wait(15mins max). I had the falafel, well let me back up. The pita bread with the pepper oil was a great way to start. Then I had the falafel which I think was as good as any I have ever had or made for that matter. For the main course I had the lamb kabob which was served with some bulgur and a nice "Greek" salad. I thought it was very tasty indeed.
The service was adequate but rather perfunctory since one staff seemed to be taking care of all the tables. He did not linger long to discuss the menu which really is not all that extensive.
The decor is Formica tables and a couple of booths with some butcher paper to cover. All acceptable at the price point of a good and substantial dinner for $20. My only complaint was they rushed me at the end since they had people waiting. I wanted to try the baklava but alas I missed that chance.
I would definitely return to try some of the other dishes and be a little more adventuresome and adamant about trying the baklava.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the food. Everything was delicious--our party had chicken kabob, lamb kabob, hummus, falafel, sigara borek, and baklava. We lived in Tokyo for a year and our son went to the Turkish school where the headmaster got baklava in his diplomatic pouch from Istanbul. This is the first baklava I have had since that compares. Nice place and great food.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were planning to spend a couple of days in the Raleigh area. However, due to unforeseen problems, we only got to stay one night. Looking over the Trip Advisor reviews for Cary, we decided to give Bosphorus a chance. Driving around raleigh and cary, there seems to be several eating establishments that cater to Middle Eastern/Mediterranean tastes. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. I actually like many of the dishes.
Once we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly person who sat us in the last available table. The place is a little on the small side and looks like it fills up quickly. My wife and I had the Lamb Kebobs. The food came out relatively quick considering that it was crowded. The lamb was prepared excellently. The meal came with something resembling Couscous and a salad. The amount of food was ample and excellently prepared. To top it off, you also get complimentary tea after the meal. Even though the place was busy, there seemed to be no push to get us out. Looking over the other patrons, it seemed like most were regulars.
We were scouting the Raleigh area for possible relocation next year. If I do end up moving there, Bosphorus will be high on my list of restaurants to frequent.

Been to Bosphorus Restaurant? Share your experiences!