“Excellent food”

Bosphorus Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 459 Restaurants in Cary
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NC
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the food. Everything was delicious--our party had chicken kabob, lamb kabob, hummus, falafel, sigara borek, and baklava. We lived in Tokyo for a year and our son went to the Turkish school where the headmaster got baklava in his diplomatic pouch from Istanbul. This is the first baklava I have had since that compares. Nice place and great food.

• Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Orlando
“Excellent Choice for a Last Minute Meal”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were planning to spend a couple of days in the Raleigh area. However, due to unforeseen problems, we only got to stay one night. Looking over the Trip Advisor reviews for Cary, we decided to give Bosphorus a chance. Driving around raleigh and cary, there seems to be several eating establishments that cater to Middle Eastern/Mediterranean tastes. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. I actually like many of the dishes.
Once we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly person who sat us in the last available table. The place is a little on the small side and looks like it fills up quickly. My wife and I had the Lamb Kebobs. The food came out relatively quick considering that it was crowded. The lamb was prepared excellently. The meal came with something resembling Couscous and a salad. The amount of food was ample and excellently prepared. To top it off, you also get complimentary tea after the meal. Even though the place was busy, there seemed to be no push to get us out. Looking over the other patrons, it seemed like most were regulars.
We were scouting the Raleigh area for possible relocation next year. If I do end up moving there, Bosphorus will be high on my list of restaurants to frequent.

• Visited December 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Amazing, delicious and very Turkish cuisine”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having spent time on the actual Bosphorus river, eating at this restaurant takes me back to my time in Istanbul at a quiet cafe on the Asian side. The food is elegant and flavorful and the Turkish style tea, never runs dry. Service is better than good and the food is so delightfully and uniquely Turkish. Beautiful pictures fill the small restaurant but almost make you feel like you are on the Bosphorus. Try the Sigara borek and the pide and make sure you don't leave without some sweet baklava. Afiyet olsun! (Bon Appetite!)

• Visited December 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Simple and delicious!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tasty and well served meal, delicious falafel, flavours of Meditterraneo with turkish touch. Friendly service. Informal place

• Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Do yourself a favor”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

If you've never tried Turkish food get to Bosphorus and give it a try. Chances are , like us, you'll go back.
Not many tables but they have take out too. Although I couldn't pronounce much of the menu items I sure enjoyed them. Great lamb dishes. The staff and owners are eager to explain the choices and couldn't be more accommodating