“Great food, Interesting menu”
Review of Hotpoint Deli

Hotpoint Deli
Ranked #48 of 459 Restaurants in Cary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary
“Great food, Interesting menu”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Delicious food from a varied and interesting menu. My friend and I stopped in for lunch and were very pleased. The portions were generous, the display beautiful, and the food delectable. Both the Eggplant rollatini and the Thai curry chicken on a salad were fabulous. We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AJsingsandjazzes

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good first impression”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Hot Point as most all restaurants in Cary are chains. The building is an old Pizza Hut so it's kinda cool from the get-go. Service was great and out waitress was very attentive and helpful with the menu. We had the spicy pork burrito and one of the small specialty pizza. Both were great and well portioned.
Over all the service and food were very good. Decor is minimalist and the one thing that struck me as we sat down was there was no music on. That didn't bother us but it was kinda of interesting.
We will be back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“New building, same great menu”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose the blackened mahi and the vegetarian quesadilla. The mahi was delicious, and the presentation with the salsa and fresh veggies was great. The veggie quesadilla was very tasty. Lots of fresh veggies but also had the necessary kick for a Mexican dish. With wine priced at $5.50/glass and portions large enough for another meal, this is a great meal for the price. Staff was friendly and responsive!

“might be back, but not rushing”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I have been wanting to try this place since it popped up on Walnut Street, unfortunately it was not worth the wait. We were greeted immediately and told to take any seat we wanted, our waitress came over and asked for our drink order, water for now I said. Just so you know we've started charging .50 cents for water and pointed it out on the menu. Uh - ok, I still want water - this also made me not order a beer or glass of wine... Water out of the drink fountain machine sitting in the middle of the floor - I'd wash glasses for a long time if someone paid me .50 a glass!
There's lots to choose from on the menu, but being our first time we were looking for guidance. I decided I'd like the greek salad but it didn't have any protein and there was nothing on the menu so I asked if I could get a piece of fish (salmon, catfish and mahi-mahi on the menu) - she said she would go ask, she came back and brace yourself, yes of course I could add a piece of fish it would be $12.95 before tax - OMG what?!?!? to add a piece of fish to a $5.95 salad - you're kidding right? I opted for the $13.95 mahi-mahi meal with rice and stir fry veggies. The rice=soft minute rice, temperature cool. Veggies crunchy (YUM) also cold - the fish was very good - possibly the super sweet spicy glaze-like sauce was cold when they poured in on the rice and veggie so that's why they were cold but the fish was nice and hot, maybe?
Hubby had the smoked chicken burrito - it was filling but it too had a sweet/spicy sauce on the outside it... he ate more of his meal than I did.
"regulars" to the place seem to get good service but in speaking with another couple they did say they rotate around @ 4 dishes. From the looks of things they do pour a nice glass of wine.
Good - waitress was very friendly and sweet, fish was very good, burrito nice size
Bad - really charging for tap water? side dishes of rice and veggies - provide some protein options for add-ons that don't cost as much as an entrée...
We'll give it another try at some point just not next week.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank girlgeek11811
Raleigh
“Best Little Place Around Cary”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotpoint has been a favorite of our for years. The food is always fresh, plentiful, creative and very good. I often get the Thai Curry Salad, which is spicy and delicious. The sandwiches are good, and the burritos are fabulous. I have never been disappointed. The new location off of Walnut Street is bigger, but the outdoor seating is a bit noisy. next time I will opt to sit indoors. The atmosphere is very casual, and the staff always helpful and friendly. I love introducing people to this place. Not to be missed if you are in the RDU area.

• Visited June 2013