“Great Text Mex”

On The Border Mexican Grill
Ranked #102 of 479 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Thin chips and tasty salsa get you started. Table side guacamole is delicious. Big platters of food with a bucket of Caronasita's make it a great evening.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Food was very typical corporate Mexican food, just ok. Our server, Lina, was extra good! My moms salsa was too hot for her. So she brought it back to be remade. The new one was still to spicy, so Lina had another batch done which was perfect . Drinks were refilled immediately with a smile, and the special orders were made to a tee. Definately will be back.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Didn't like the food, the service or anything else for that matter...Actually had a bad case of Montezuma's revenge afterward. will never go back, that's for sure.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was in town for one night and husband wanted Mexican food. Being my cousin (who lives in Cary) and I have lived in Texas we head more for the TexMex restaurants. Cousin says this is the best in town. We got there about 9 p.m. so not too busy. We sat out on the patio, a bit warm but the inside was freezing from the a/c. Very attentive service and wonderful margaritas. Step son got a virgin Mango margarita and really liked it. The chips are very big so you have to break them off and the salsa had a definite kick to it. Don't remember them having that hot of salsa. The queso was ok. Husband and I split the monster burrito which I am glad we did, it was huge! Came with a side salad. Step son got taco's which he enjoyed. Overall a nice experience for a chain restaurant.

1  Thank kes1639
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have eaten here many times, and it is ALWAYS far too cold if you choose to eat inside. I have mentioned this to management and they say all the right things, but it has never been corrected. The food is average, chain restaurant Mexican. The beer is cold. Service ranges from average to slightly surly. The next time I crave Mexican in Cary, I am going to try other options.

Been to On The Border Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!