“I love the made at your table guacamole”

On The Border Mexican Grill
Ranked #105 of 466 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Las Vegas NV
“I love the made at your table guacamole”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love their guacamole live. Actually that is all I had except for chips and salsa. They take 2 avocados and prepare them with onion, cilantro, salt, tomatoes and peppers at your table. You just tell them how much of any item you want included or excluded. It makes a nice big bowl of nice fresh guacamole and with chips is plenty for a meal.
I sat in the bar so the service is not that great in that area. When I went to pay I had to hunt
down a server to get my check. It was rather busy so I elected to eat in the bar instead of
waiting 20 minutes for the dining room.

• Visited April 2013

RALEIGH, NC
“worth a visit”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped in for lunch, the food was very good, the service was excellent. The bar service was very good. Surroundings were average and suited for families. Objected to the very low quality of silverware. The forks were a step up from plastic, almost flat. Strange to have such bad forks that it stands out and is worth mentioning in a review. Will return in the future.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again, food poisoning.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

First time eating there , and I got really bad food poisoning. I will not be returning or recommending to anyone. I breastfeed so also a dangerous situation. Hoping that he doesn't get sick either.

“Don't believe them when they say "not hot"....”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

On the Border was chosen by our monthly dinner group. now they don't accept reservations but we were there 1 hour prior and put our name in for a party of 8 and when the time came....we had to sit in the bar.....lucky for us not a rowdy bunch was there....

Personally I did not like the entree BUT....the Patron Margarita and Kahlua Pie was to die for. Exceptional on both counts.!!!

I had an introductory coupon for free Queso and chips.....asked waitress ..is it hot....oh no....well more like heck yes.....then went conservative with the Taco salad.....asked for no peppers or hot and spicy again....the meat must have been seared with Tabasco.....this is Hot and spicy for no reason.....it's not tasty spicy but just plain.....burn your tongue spicy......
Don't like..... so like I say.....if I go back it will be for the drinks and dessert......
You decide what you want....

• Visited January 2013
Wash,Dc
“Fun place with average food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fun place, nice staff, mediocre food. If you're looking for authentic Mexican food, this is not the place to find it. However, if you're looking for a noisy fun place to take the kids, it's ok.

Visited June 2012