“New favorite Italian restaurant”
Review of Lugano Ristorante

Lugano Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lugano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 468 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

First time going and it was great. Food, service, and atmosphere were wonderful, recommend everyone to go!

There are newer reviews for Lugano Ristorante

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had lunch at Biaggi's recently with a group of 10 friends. We had a reservation so were seated promptly and had an immediate visit from the wait staff asking about drinks. (Here I must mention one complaint---I asked for sweet tea; when it arrived, it was flavored with a currant/raspberry syrup. That was not mentioned in advance and I would not have ordered the tea had I known. It was not unpleasant enough to send back, but I think a waitperson should tell you this when asking you to order drinks before even opening the menu.)
The ten of us had a variety of entrees---pasta, soup, assorted salads, and everyone seemed very pleased. Portions are quite large and the orders arrived in a reasonable time. I had the grilled shrimp salad which I very much enjoyed. Only one dessert was ordered---a very rich chocolate cake, and the generous slice was enough for anyone who wished to have a taste. It was totally delicious.
The location is in a suburban large shopping area so convenient parking
is easy to find. I do not live nearby but I would certainly return if I were in the area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Dined here for a graduation dinner. Server was attentive and knowledgable about the wine selection. He forgot to bring out our two appetizers so accommodated us with 2 free desserts instead. I loved the 'lighter side menu' with several choices under 600 calories. My Dijon crusted salmon was delicious and tender and the angel hair pasta with spinach that came with it was filling. Very satisfied for low calories. Bread is thick and filling, served with olive oil and grated cheese for dipping. Dinner and wine specials and extensive menu made it easy to choose a dish. Pastas, salads, steak and seafood choices. Nice variety of dessert. Crem brûlée a must. Italian donuts were tasty and rich. Good idea to share dessert. Busy restaurant but not noisy. Nice for romantic dining.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I don't know why people like this place. It's average, barely. Service was good, but the food doesn't excel. Given a choice for Italian food, there are many better options. If you like chain restaurants, Romano's Macaroni Grill or Carrabba's would be better choices.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Going out to eat is not an easy task when you are gluten free like my girlfriend. We try different places and she is usually disappointed because the gluten free selections are very limited. We stumbled upon Biaggi’s in Cary on a road less traveled. Upon our arrival were not greeted well by the hostess and I almost did an about face but I am sure glad I over looked her. The wait staff was great and the managers were very present at every turn wanting to know about our experience.
The food by far was some of the best I have ever eaten. We had gluten free bread hot and fresh. My girlfriend had gluten free sausage pizza and I had Ceasar salad and chicken cannelloni pasta filled with roasted chicken, fresh ricotta cheese and spinach. Topped with alfredo and a touch of tomato sauce. Mama Mia! We finished with cream brulee and cheese cake. While the entrees were delicious we could have given the dessert a pass and had an appetizer. This place is defiantly at the top of our girls day out list of places to dine. This was a good find. Oh and the prices were very good.