“My ultimate craving”

Ranked #47 of 472 Restaurants in Cary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always order the same thing when I got to Baba Ghannouj - chicken shwarma combo with the greek salad. The garlic sauce they put on the shwarma is addictive! Very fresh ingredients and tasty combinations.

1  Thank cab99

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love mediterranean food.... and this is one of the best places in town. Everything I've had is good- chicken and beef tenderloin kabobs are always cooked and seasoned perfectly. The hummus and baba ghannouj is soo good. I think their falafel is also some of the best- whether served in a sandwich or solo. Good gyro sandwich. They've got some great, authentic cuisine. Very fresh, yet quickly prepared. Always seems to be a steady crowd. My only objection is that some items are a little pricey.... but I love authentic mediterranean/lebanese/greek food, so it's worth it to me.

1  Thank rawlsjs
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Baba Ghannouj has the atmosphere of a Subway or Jersey Mike's, so I always get take out. I tend to order one of the specials of the day, which comes with one or two sides. My favorite dish is Mediterranean Chicken, which is served over a large portion of basmati rice. I like the green beans, eggplant, and fava bean sides. The special comes with pita. When I'm really hungry, I order hummus too, which is tasty. I like sweets and usually get an order of baklava, which is good, but not outstanding.

If there is such a thing as Mediterranean comfort food, Baba Ghannouj is the place to get it!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We've been to this location twice and both times the meals were not memorable despite looking authentic. Jasmin is a much better choice.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

You could compare this restaurant to the fare you would order at a Greek counter
at a festival but much cheaper and a larger variety. You have your gyros and pitas and sauce and baklava. You could also find your Indian favs such as Large dishes of tabouleh, baba ghannouj, fatoush salad, beef and lamb gyros, curry chicken, chick pea salad -garden salads and fresh veggie salads. The schawirma wrap was my favorite with a cold salad
of eggplant and veggies (meal deal) Drink refills are 35 cents xtra and you can get free refills on tea-unsweet or sweet. Very polite person at cash register. There was a large amount of us at the table and everything i sampled was good.
What i am comparing this to is that several of our party selected different restaurants and brought their food over. It did not compare in quality ingredients. The fast food chicken from Jap and China had stringy fiber and the sweet was not a good natural flavor. It had more the flavor of re heat pre made dark chicken. The texture was very unappealing. Noodles had good flavor but also seemed to have more than needed extra fatty flavor. i found nothing at babas that seemed artificial or made way in advance. It seemed healthier and more like a meal. The pita bread was good enough to eat alone and so were the salads. Very fast and once again affordable. A good way to sample some different fare without breaking the budget. Easy for a vegetarian to be happy as well.