“Don't waste your time or money!”

Tony's Bourbon Street Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Bourbon Street Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 477 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 64 West and US 1
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The upside is I did not get ill. The waitress asked for our drink orders I said " I'll have a water" and off she went, our table exchanged looks of concern, the rest of our table had not ordered yet. When she returned with five waters in plastic cups we asked about the specials' and mid sentence she left again. The restaurant was not busy nor was she, we had to wave her back over to order. Still not having ordered drinks or appetizers she attempted to leave again! Finally with appetizers and drinks on the table we tried to inquire about items on the menu only to have her leave us mid sentence! After calling out for her she returned to take our food order.
I wish we had left already but we were trying to make the best of the night we took our chances. When the appetizers came out the bacon wrapped scallops were the size of quarters and over cooked! I could go on and on but you get the picture. The rest of the meal was no surprise burned and over cooked frozen food. A dismal attempt by the Manager to lure us back with a five dollar off coupon. So be warned! Tony's is dying a slow death let them go alone.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here around midnight after a late night in the office on a work trip. Poor selection of bourbon but what I expected. At least they had Maker's. I had the bang bang shrimp which was great. Gives Bonefish a run for there money.

1  Thank geepd36
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with two of my friends. We sat for several minutes before we were finally acknowledged at the oyster bar. The female server took our orders. We waited and waited and waited. Finally our appetizers arrived. We had asked for small plates and we waited and waited and waited. Finally the female server, stated, oh yah, I forgot, here they are. Our oysters came. The oysters were very small. My friend commented that they were small, and the served informed her the oysters were from Galvaston and tasted great. I had tried the cole slaw and it was bland, so had asked for salt and pepper, and made the comment to my friend about the taste. The female serve stopped shucking our oysters and a male server come to our area. My friend asked if they were short staffed and he replied no. He stated, no only did he open oysters, but he took orders, cooked and served the bar. He asked if we were having a problem in a less than friendly tone. For the rest of the meal, we were ignored, drinks were not brought when ordered, my water was not refilled and the fried shrimp meal that was ordered, was brought back not as a meal, but as an order of fried shrimp. I had ordered Jumbo buffalo shrimp. The shrimp were not jumbo and definitely not buffalo. They were bland, having no heat to them at all. My oysters were gritty. I was very disappointed with the serve or lack of, the food and the overall experience. My friend complained to the manager and our meal was comped, but it will be a long while before I go back. I also noted that the group sitting next to me, was not happy with the service, making a comment, that they must be really busy because the service was so poor and the gentleman sitting next to my friend had ordered a to go order of the buffalo shrimp, that the waitress forgot to order.

2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great restaurant, service was friendly from beginning to end. Manager was great got us right in. Wait staffer was very pleasant, helpful and warm. Oysters were tasty, the cocktail sauce - some of the best I've had.

1  Thank BunnyGirl1963
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Teh Oysters Rockefeller and the nachos had what we think was cheese in a jar spread all over them. We couldn't quite figure out the type of cheese but it definitely was out of a jar or industrial container. The spinach on the oysters was also a mystery---probably canned spinach and Bacos. We didn't finish the oysters, the nachos or our other entrees, got our bill, paid and left unsatisfied and still a little hungry.

We cannot recommend Tony's but we can't call it terrible because the food was edible, just not tasty.

1  Thank azpoet