“Great food , great service, good value”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #222 of 474 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Once again we had Cat, who is a super friendly and efficient waitress. New 2 for $25 menu is a good value and allows you to try new tapas items. Great food, and service to match, has us coming back.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Late lunch on a Wednesday, when there are as many employees as customerrs, excellent service is exptected. Friendly server are a bonus. The Pollo Caprese is appealing, served on a long rectangular plate with the usual loaf of fresh bread

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Over the past few years, i have become a regular of the Macaroni Grill, My childrens love it and i think it is a good value. I like the menu changes from time it allow you to discover new flavors and the food is normally well executed. I had the Carbonara and it was delicious plenty of pancetta, parmesan and the classic egg on top simple but delicious. We tried some of the tapas: The fried mac and cheese was a little bit greasy... Not sure why maybe the oil or the coating. The prescuito wrapped mozzarella was perfect with its chunky marinara, this is a keeper.
Service was very attentive and fast.
When you find yourself traveling with the kid and looking to have a nice dinner experience, you can count on Romano's

1  Thank Francois A
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We ended up at the Macaroni Grill to celebrate a birthday. The food was okay, nothing that stood out or wowed me. I noticed that Macaroni Grill is doing a better job with their portions..my dad mentioned he had just enough, not too much. I had the lasagna and I thought it was rather mundane and ordinary. My wife had a "make your own" pasta and it was alright..nothing groundbreaking.

Service was shoddy and needed improvement. Had some incorrect drink orders. Ordered an appetizer that never made it to the table. We got a dessert for the birthday girl and noticed that we got charged for it (most places usually comp a dessert for someone's birthday..not cool).

The worst part is that everyone agrees that this location is still better than the one at Triangle Town Center. Looks like we'll be eating at Carabbas for the time being (and I'm not too thrilled with them either..gotta get my family to look at something other than a chain, but that's a different problem..!)

1  Thank Aspiring_Critic
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We have eaten many times at Macaroni Grill in Cary over the years. We had some fantastic meals and some not so great meals. But the service is for the most part always very good and the staff friendly. So we always return. Do not understand why they always have to change recipes that are usually favorites. They never seem to be for the better? If they are not changed, they are taken off menu.

Tonight we decided to call up and get it to go. This was a big mistake. The loaf of bread was so hard we could not break it! Honestly, this is no joke. The pasta in my dish was clumped and hard. The lamb dish (what little lamb was in it) seemed like pressed meat.

I have to say the shrimp in my dish was very tasty. I will give them that.

Do not think we will be returning.

1  Thank Cary_mother

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!