“GOOD FOOD!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Abbey Road Grill
Ranked #52 of 451 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary, North Carolina
“GOOD FOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love their fish dinner. I love their burgers, very friendly people taking care of you. The food is good. Just darn good. Great decor too! Very interesting.

Visited January 2013

Willoughby, Ohio
“Yummy and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delicious gigantic burgers. I asked to share with my daughter and then get extra sides. They brought it out on two separate plates, with plenty of fries for each of us. All the burgers we tried were great. Nice casual place, reasonable prices, too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cary, NC
“What happened to this place?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I hadn't been in to Abbey Road in over a year, and decided to stop in with a friend of mine. I used to frequent the place because it was on my way home, but a recent move put it way on the other side of town for me. However, it was always one of my favorites, so when the chance arose, my friend and I decided to grab a late lunch. The first thing I noticed was that all of the album covers seemed to be gone from the walls, and everything inside had been repainted. The bar side seemed much lighter, like they added a few new windows. But it was really, really quiet inside, and seemed kind of lifeless.

My friend and I ordered burgers and a beer. We're both fans of casual/bar food, and we have had many burgers and beers at Abbey Road before. The service was slow, especially considering we were dining at off-peak hours and appeared to be the only table on the restaurant side. The burgers finally arrived, but neither were cooked properly. We mentioned it to the server, kind of expecting her to offer to make them right. But she didn't. Mine was only slightly overdone (I ordered medium well, and it definitely was well-done) but my friend had ordered medium, and his was well done. We ate them, and despite having two empty beer glasses at our table, our server didn't show again until we were done eating.

I got the check and that's when the shock set in. I immediately looked at the bill to make sure it was actually our order, and it was. The server said that there were new owners, and there had been some price increases on food and drinks. Looking over the menu again, I see that she was right. Before, Abbey Road was known for great food/very reasonable prices. Now, it looks like it is leaning towards average food/fairly expensive prices.

I'm willing to give it one more try, but I think they have a lot of work to do to regain what they once were. As with any restaurant, good service + good food = repeat customers. Hopefully whoever is managing the place trains the servers (or gets trained themselves) on the fine art of customer service. Just because the atmosphere is casual doesn't mean the service should be, too.

• Visited January 2013
12 Thank Melissa D
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick dinner, and we've been to Abbey Road before. As mentioned, the decor in the dining room is pretty bad, but it IS a bar restaurant, and usually the food is good. He ordered a burger medium, with the roll on the side and a side salad (for an extra $1.49 instead of the fries) and I ordered the 2 hot dogs which according to the menu, came with chili and coleslaw. Though our meal took quite awhile to come out, our waitress was fairly attentive, refilling his drink as we waited. Well, when the meal came out the hamburger was RAW, placed on the roll though he had ordered it on the side, and the salad was just some extra lettuce and cucumbers on the side of the plate...certainly not worth any extra money. My hot dogs and fries were cold. He sent his burger back, and it was obvious that they just nuked it in the microwave which changes the taste of the meat (though the waitress said it was grilled...yeah, no.) She offered to take 1/2 off his burger, which they did... but when we got the check, we noticed that they actually charged an extra $1 for the coleslaw and chili that was suppose to come with the hot dogs! And it wasn't just us...the folks behind us ended up sending 2 of their meals back to the kitchen too! Doubt we will ever be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank popup40
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pre Cary Kennel Club Meeting dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Pretty good burgers and fries. They grind their own beef so you can have them cooked any way you want. Nice for those who want their burgers rare. I like them burned so I really do not care. They do not like doing seperate checks though.

Visited July 2012