“Poor service & dreary atmosphere”
Review of Abbey Road Grill

Abbey Road Grill
Ranked #38 of 479 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I believe the people who are writing the good reviews for for this place are the owners or their good friends because the service is horrible in this place, the food is average, and the place is dark and dirty looking. I sat at the bar thinking I would get better service but the girl was too busy talking to other patrons to pay attention to me. I guess she is used to getting tips based on flirting rather than actually waiting on the customer. If you like dark and dreary places and love to wait for service, by all means this is your place!

5  Thank ncirishgirl2

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had not visited this place for about 8yrs. Drive by frequently and decided to stop in tonight. Variety of drinks.Husband gives it 3stars for having PBR on tap-lol. Food was horrible and service not much better. Only one bartender for the whole place. She brought our food and we did not see her again until we were ready for the check. At that time, she still didn't ask how our food was. We got the bbq pork nachos and french dip. The nachos had ONE jalepeno, a tbsp of cheese, about a big bite of pork, were tossed in grease and did not have any kind of salsa. The french dip literally had 2 slices of roast beef lunchmeat covered with cheese. There was a huge roll surrounding it so if you didnt toss half the bun and fold the sandwhich over, all you tasted was flavorless bread. Very disappointing. Will not return.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

If you're starving and find yourself here, you'll be okay. The food is bland and the burgers have no seasoning. They are huge and good portions for the price though. Last time I got the fish and chips and was disappointed at the small portion, one and a half very small slivers of fish.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Abbey Road has long been our favorite spot to eat in Cary. Although I am not crazy about their new decor (gray isn't very appetizing, and they took down all of the cool album covers), the food is consistently different and good. If you are looking to get away from the standard chains and get the best burger in town, and the best spinach/artichoke dip on the planet, along with other good entrees, this is the place to go.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I live SO close to this place that I really want to like it. I've tried it a few times but I just can't go there again after our experience today. My son ordered a burger and his plate had a long silver hair on it. I know they're known for their burgers, but I wasn't in the mood for that, so I ordered a chicken fajita pita wrap. Took quite a while to get the food, even though there were about 4 tables seated at lunch time. My sandwich tasted horrible... the pita was hard and cold, the chicken chunks were dry and tough, and it was smothered in rubbery, cold melted cheddar. It also had chunks of onions and peppers that weren't really seasoned. It was served with a large portion of sour cream, and a tiny amount of 'pico' (which was really just 2 chunks of tomatoes and 3 pieces of onion). When I told our waitress about the hair, she told me that there's no way that can be the case because there's no one with white/silver hair in the kitchen. Well, it didn't come from me or my son! Never a good idea to argue with customers. We won't be back.

2  Thank shantravel49463

Been to Abbey Road Grill? Share your experiences!