“We enjoy the place so much, I used it to ask her to marry me.”

Jimmy V's Steakhouse & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy V's Steakhouse & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 456 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 64-Tryon Road at Hwy 401-1 South
Description: Jimmy V"s Steakhouse specializes in hearty, traditional steaks and chops with our courteous and friendly service. We also feature fresh, local seafood, homemade desserts and one of the areas most extensive wine lists. Our fine cuisine, atmosphere and impeccable service create a truly memorable dining experience.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“We enjoy the place so much, I used it to ask her to marry me.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have been going there for years for personal and business dinners. The food is exceptional. The atmosphere is classy and comfortable. My girlfriend and I really consider it "our special place". I had an idea for my marriage proposal, called Dave the Manager, he was so great to work with and helped me hatch a great plan. He agreed to put my question on the menu board, luckily she said yes. The entire wait staff was in on it and helped make it a great night.
As always, the food was plentiful and wonderful. Niether of us live in Cary but making the trip to the place is no problem. We will be back......

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank HappyGuyRaleigh

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

Im not sure why the others have rated this place badly. Must be Carolina fans or the local competition. My meal was deliciuos. I recomend the JV salad and dry aged rib eye. It was great and our waitress was very good as well.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank jsw702
Raleigh
“This by far is the worst place to eat in Cary! Poor Jimmy V”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

My fiance and I were treated like second class citizens eating at a local burger joint. We expected to pay over $100.00 what we didn't expect was to have our appetizer come out after our entree, we didn't expect to be told we had a 30 min wait only to see five empty tables in the dinning area, we didn't expect not to be advised that we could eat at all the empty tables when you walk in and last but most important we didn't expect to be put off when we called in to complain...We spoke to the Manager and the operator and were told they would follow up...I guess their phone has been disconnected because we have yet to get a call!

1 Thank 757TO919
Cary, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have got to be kidding ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

Be smart and stay away !
There are many good restaurants in the Cary / Raleigh area but don't pay $31.00 for a cold steak full of gristle and fat at Jimmy V's.
Told the server and was still charged for it ~!!!
Never saw a manager.
Very disappointing. Will NEVER visit again.
Be forewarned .... poor steak quality and value.

1 Thank Spartacus58
Cary, North Carolina
“A wonderful, old fashioned steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I'm astounded at the negative reviews. First of all, it's not in a shopping mall, it's in an open shopping center with several other restaurants...one of which is right next door. Is that some reason to dislike a restaurant? That criticism seems downright bizarre. Secondly, the food and service are always consistently good. I've dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed. If you want a chain experience like Morton's or Outback, then go to a chain. This is meant to be a small, local tavern/restaurant that serves good steak. Nothing more, nothing less.