“Love this Place”

Serendipity Gourmet Deli
Ranked #81 of 499 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My favorite is the albacore croussaint but their sandwiches are great. Fresh. Not a fancy place but I go her whenever I am over that way.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I think Serendipity is under new management. I stopped in one afternoon to pick up a sandwich and ended up with a super bad case of food poisoning. I eventually had to stay at my doctor's office to get two bags of fluids because I was so dehydrated from being so very sick. I used to love this place. Now, I won't go near it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've lived in Cary for almost 10 years and have driven past this place about a million times. My wife and I thought we'd try it and we're glad we did. We both got specials. She had a lamb gyro with a twice-baked potato on the side. I had an egg salad sandwich with honey mustard, bacon, lettuce, and tomato on sunflower bread. Both of our meals were excellent.

We both drank water and our bill came to just a hair under $21. It was certainly better than a lot of other choices for that money, but given the atmosphere and the quality of the food I think it was a good value.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

There are lots and lots of restaurants in the Cary/Raleigh area, but there are not a lot of Deli's. Serendipity Gourmet deli is right in the "Heart of Cary". It's been there since 1975, so it must be doing something right. They are open for lunch and dinner, but not inbetween. I'm told they prepare party trays and cater; never tried it.

We have been spending more time in downtown Cary since the increase in the number of activities/performances several years ago and have eaten at Serendipity several times. I particularly like their Reubens (2nd only to Schlotzsky's). Reubens are traditionally made with corned beef, but here you can choose between corned beef, pastrami and turkey. I prefer the corned beef myself; traditional, I guess. The sandwich comes with chips and a pickle. Real Deli.

Miss M, my better half, more herbivore than I, had the Chef's Salad which had a good mix of ingredients. If you're in Cary for one of their many celebrations and are up for a quick lunch or dinner, we recommend you try Serendipity.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stopped in for a lunch bite on a Saturday. Both my wife and I got one of the numerous daily specials. It was an Egg Salad sandwich.

The decor is dated, but charming. The food was served quickly and our waitress was very friendly. Probably wouldn't get that meal again, but that is more of a personal taste, as I didn't the sandwich having honey mustard on it.

Price was a tad higher than I would have expected, so if it were close, I would not make it a normal lunchtime stop, but definatenyl would be worthy of being in the rotation.

Been to Serendipity Gourmet Deli? Share your experiences!