“Overall, not an edible lunch experience--too bad, it used to be a great place!”

Serendipity Gourmet Deli
Ranked #92 of 463 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We used to frequent Serendipity several years ago when we lived in Cary. Recently, we visited Cary and were looking forward to the same experience. Unfortunately, we were gravely disappointed...we entered the deli at 2:45pm and were immediately told that we could only place a takeout order since they close at 3pm. I ordered a simple ham & cheese sandwich with lettuce on a croissant, The croissant was burned, not dark brown, but black on both sides! The lettuce was prepackaged, so tasted old and rancid. The ham was rubbery, so salty that it tasted bitter and overall not an inedible lunch:-(
Sadly, we will not be back.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank goldilox057

“Great Gazpacho!”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I disagree with the above review, and felt the need to add another review, so they don't have only one negative one. It's a quaint lunch spot in downtown Cary, with really great Gazpacho during the summer! The chicken salad isn't chunky, but I dislike chunky chicken and love the taste of the seemingly homemade chicken salad! If visiting downtown Cary, definitely stop in for a nice lunch for a great value.

• Visited July 2011
“Serendipity Sucks!”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I thought I would try this place for lunch and what a huge mistake! I ordered the chicken salad and it was awful! It looked like something you would serve at a rest home! I believe the chicken was from a can b/c it looked like mush on my plate and had NO flavor. I ordered take-out so when I complained via phone they did not offer to make me a sandwich, salad, etc.. and could care less that I thought the food was terrible. Horrible customer service. I'm surprised people go there when there are so many better choices in Cary. I"ll never go back.

7 Thank Brandi35

Been to Serendipity Gourmet Deli? Share your experiences!