“Cary location disappointed us”
Review of Brigs Restaurants

Brigs Restaurants
Ranked #27 of 463 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Brigs Restaurants have been providing great quality and great priced breakfast, brunch and lunch fare for over 25 years. Brigs provides Weekday Breakfast Specials starting at only $6.49 from 7 am til 11 am. The entire Brigs menu is available from open until close daily.
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Cary location disappointed us”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to the Cary location for lunch. We were not greeted in a friendly way and didn't feel very welcomed. We ordered a Cuban Sandwich and a Cobb Salad with grilled salmon. The Cuban was decent. The salmon on the salad had no pink color on it whatsoever. It was actually a yellow color. Not only was it horribly over cooked, it was old. Very gross. Our server was not interested in hearing about it and when we went to pay, the check out person did not care at all that our meal wasn't good. We tried to warn them not to serve the salmon, but all she could say was "normally our salmon is very good." No apologies. Nothing. Stick to eggs and pancakes.

Visited June 2013

Maryland
“Dont order the shrimp salad”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I didnt like my food but the wife liked hers. I got the special of the day which was shrimp salad on a croissant, and it was really plain. I could tell the shrimp were right out of the can and it was very bland tasting. The fries were wilted, I suppose Ora Ida or something.

THerie only open til sometime in the afternoon so I suppose breakfast mey be their forte, certainly wasnt lunch.

I think Chef Ramsey would have had a field day in there.

• Visited June 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good, Cheap, Consistent”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Whenever I am in the Triangle area I always eat at Brigs for breakfast. This was the first time for me at the Cary Brigs but wasn't disappointed. Food was great and the weekday breakfast specials that my waiter Joshua pointed out were great. Waiter was very attentive but not overbearing. I love the fact that they basically give you a pot of coffee and let you fill your cup when you're ready.

Visited May 2013
Cary, NC
“Will not return”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a long time customer now looking for a new brunch place. The food has always been OK, although not great - I finally switched from home fries to fruit because the potatoes were never cooked properly, but the omelets were good. However, I always order an omelet, with very crisp bacon, and expect them to arrive together. On a recent visit the bacon did not arrive with the omelet, and when it did finally appear was not especially crisp. It was clear that the server had not put the order in correctly. When I looked askance at the bacon she offered to take it back, but I had already waited too long for it, and said rather sharply that I would eat it. On my next visit I was assigned to the same waitress, and when she recognized me she walked off in the middle of taking my order and I was assigned another waitress. (I noticed that she got another customer's order wrong while I was there.) On my next visit I made a point of being seated in another section, but my coffee arrived tepid and bitter (I sent it back), and my omelet overcooked. I have concluded that I am not welcome and will not return.

• Visited March 2013
anywhere for a good meal
“There's a reason this place has been here forever!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A local favorite, and I've been twice, although my wife has been there a dozen times over years. A huge menu, great food..simply, and very well presented...strong, fast service, no frills in the dining room and a fast and heavy turnover on weekends. We waited one half hour for the table, but it was worth it. Mine was the seafood scramble with blue crab, shrimp, Hollandaise sauce, home fries and an english muffin. Her's..some kind of scramble, I didn't notice..I was too busy, but she loved it. If you don't mind the wait, and the tight dining room surroundings, give it a try.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Brigs Restaurants? Share your experiences!