“Twice in one week, It is the real deal”

Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 463 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crescent Green
Description: Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday, at our Cary restuarant. Enjoy seasonal menus of Southern fare in our dining room, grill bar room, or outdoor dining on our beautifully landscaped terrace. Our flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients grown right here in NC, along with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list. We are home to Voodoo Sauce, and often have cooking classes by our chef. Wednesday night special is skillet fried chicken. Our restaurant is near MacGregor Downs Country Club, Regency Park, Koko Booth Amphitheatre, Wake Med Hospital, Crescent Green Shopping Center, Waverly Place, Cary Auto Park, MacGregor Village, Homewood Suites, Comfort Suites, La Quinta Inn, Hampton Inn, Lifetime Fitness, Crossroads Shopping Center, and Lochmere Golf Club.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Twice in one week, It is the real deal”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went the first time with a friend visiting from out of town. This is his 'go to' place and invited us to join him for dinner on a Friday night. While quite busy the wait was less than 15 minutes and we took the time to avail ourselves of the wine menu to purchase a bottle to have with our meal. They have a seasonal menu along with their standard fare. I had the Flash Fried Oysters with a side of root vegetables and our friend had the Cajun spiced pork loin from the seasonal menu. My wife had the black bean cakes. The oysters were to be served on a bed of steak house style cream spinach and house made bacon. The oysters were light and tender, the bacon was diced and flavorful. There was more cream than spinach taking the meal to a notch below excellent. My wife later alerted me that her Cakes came to the table cold. 3 entrees, dessert and a bottle of wine was $100 before tip. We all went back the following Wednesday. From the seasonal menu I ordered the Grillades and grits with a side of collards. From the standard menu my friend chose Jambalaya and my chose the vegetable plate. The brown gravy with my pork was a bit salty at first taste though complimented the rest of the plate. Dessert was Ice cream that is sourced locally as is most of the ingredients. Try the Mamaw Millie's Scuppernong Wine Jelly Cocktail from the dessert menu, just incredible, Recommended for the service, price and food.

• Visited February 2014
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for visiting us while in Cary! I am glad you were able to try Mamaw Millie's Scuppernog Wine Jelly Cocktail. It is definitely a hidden gem on our dessert menu for those looking for something a little lighter than our traditional options. Please be sure to visit us again during future visits. A portion of our menu changes every 4-6 weeks, so there is always something new to try!

Cary, North Carolina
“Very good southern food with a twist.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We've been 4-5 times and have had great experiences each time. Everyone who has gone with us has been very impressed. The prices are good, especially for the entrees considering how much food you receive. The setting is good for a couple of for a party. I'm always surprised that we've never had to wait or had a problem getting reservation. We just made reservations for Valentine's day.

• Visited August 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Ashley,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you this Valentine's Day! It should be a great time. We do have a few special menu items available for the Valentine's weekend so make sure to check those out. See you Friday!

Brighton, Michigan
“New Southern”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The food was really good and unique. I would consider it "New" Southern as when I think of true Southern food I think of my granny's cooking of fried chicken, milk gravy, fried green tomatoes, corn bread and peach cobbler. But I digress...
I love that they try to use local food as much as possible and change up the menu. I loved the different spin on the dishes and everything we tried was very yummy. The voodoo sauce was very good! I would suggest it and would go back. But if you are looking for good 'ol down home cookin' this will not be it.

Visited January 2014
Thank you for the kind words! Our southern menu is a mix of upscale Piedmont area southern and Cajun southern of the Louisiana south. Our shrimp and grits, jambalaya, Voodoo Sauce, and others are all heavily influenced by the New Orleans area cuisine. Come visit us again soon!

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Great option for take-out especially”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Check out their "Get Lucky & Go" menu. They package everything very well, including separating the sides into individual servings. Servings are ample enough to share. Courteous and prompt curbside service makes it especially easy if you're in a hurry!

Visited December 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you!

We are very proud of our Get Lucky and Go service. We love knowing our guests can enjoy the home cooking feel in the comforts of their own home. With our Get Lucky and Go service you can also order larger portions of our sides and salad dressings.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Fun cocktails & good food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had to be in Cary for something and it was Triangle Restaurant Week so we decided to take a chance on Lucky 32. The decor is not exciting and looks like the restaurant may have been a Chinese place before. The service was very friendly and very efficient. We would recommend the gumbo. The sweet potato fritters were, well, sweet. I thought my black bean cakes were tasty tho' a little dry so I would recommend a liquid side. The corn bread was great, firm & not sweet. The cupcake for dessert was sprinkled with glazed nuts which added a zing. There were several interesting cocktail combos. I tried the peach with Southern Comfort--again, very sweet. This is a kind of "let's eat out, not spend a bundle, and have something interesting" type of place.

• Visited January 2014
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
I love that description! Thank you. We enjoy providing guests with the highest quality food and beverage at a great value. You are not the first to think we were once a Chinese restaurant. Believe it or not, this building has only ever been Lucky 32. Over 10 years strong!