“Nice evening with the girls”

Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 475 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crescent Green
Description: Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday, at our Cary restuarant. Enjoy seasonal menus of Southern fare in our dining room, grill bar room, or outdoor dining on our beautifully landscaped terrace. Our flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients grown right here in NC, along with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list. We are home to Voodoo Sauce, and often have cooking classes by our chef. Wednesday night special is skillet fried chicken. Our restaurant is near MacGregor Downs Country Club, Regency Park, Koko Booth Amphitheatre, Wake Med Hospital, Crescent Green Shopping Center, Waverly Place, Cary Auto Park, MacGregor Village, Homewood Suites, Comfort Suites, La Quinta Inn, Hampton Inn, Lifetime Fitness, Crossroads Shopping Center, and Lochmere Golf Club.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here with two of my friends on a Friday night for dinner. The service was probably the best part of the experience. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She did not rush us through our meal, was quite knowledgeable about the menu and added to the overall good experience we had.

I ordered the artichoke appetizer. It was definitely not my personal favorite but my friends thought it was pretty good. I thought it was a bit too creamy, a little sour and somewhat thick. I tried the meatloaf dish and it was excellent. Quite tasty but what could really not taste great wrapped in bacon?! A friend tried the beef tips and said they were terrific but thought here wine tasted very "skunky". The waitress was nice enough to bring her another glass. Another friend had the swordfish and said it was "pretty good". My drink, a New Jersey cocktail was really good...apple brandy, flavored hard cider, bitters and something else I cannot recall at this moment - very different and bubbly.

We went a bit on the late side and while the service was excellent, it was a bit awkward having all the staff literally clean up all around us. But hey, they were done for the day and wanted to get home, who could blame them? I am still getting used to a lot of places closing so early, even on the weekends.

Was good but I would not be disappointed if I didn't get to go back.

2  Thank happy2review
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your service and most of your meal. We never want out staff's cleaning to interrupt a guests dining experience. I will make sure that type of thing does not happen in the future. We hope that you will give Lucky 32 another chance to really impress you.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We moved to this area 2 months ago from the Northeast and have been enjoying checking out a new restaurant scene. This place is known for authentic southern cooking, but its a lot more than grits, fried chicken and BBQ. The restaurant itself has a lovely decor, with lots of big, comfortable booths. Wait service started slow but improved as time went on. I was craving meat so I had the Kentucky bourbon ribeye. Excellent cut of meat and a choice of 2 sides( out of about 10 to choose from). My husband had the beef tips with rice, which he raved about about. He also got the Voodoo Bread (pulled pork and goat cheese on crostini). His smile said it all. We were impressed and will definitely return!

Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Welcome to North Carolina! We look forward to seeing more of you. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the food so much. Many of our ingredients we get straight from the local farmers market. I wish we could have been more consistent with the service throughout your meal. See you soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The southern menu is really great and all of our sides were well prepared. Collards, sweet potatoes and mac & cheese were all special. On Tuesdays they have fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cornbread, and it is also excellent. Being a chicken liver lover, these were the best I have had in a very long time. Also, the Banana Pudding was to kill for.

Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your meal so much! You definitely can't go wrong with sweet potatoes and the all new mac & cheese. The Fried Chicken special is available on Wednesday nights after 4pm in our Cary location. See you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have driven past Lucky 32 and seen how lovely the exterior looked for outdoor dining, and read a few mixed reviews but decided to give it a try today for brunch when my grandmother was in town. The day was absolutely perfect and the outdoor seating was wonderful with nice garden chairs and big umbrellas. I had the chicken and mushroom crepes, my husband had the baked apple french toast, and my grandma had the eggs benedict and everyone loved their meals. I find it so important to support local business and almost everything on the menu has some local ingredients in it- or at least from North Carolina (so the waitress said). Service was pretty good but she definitely got a little busy once the brunch service started picking up. The inside is very nice and it would be a great place for a date, business lunch or dinner, or just to feel a bit classy. The food is inventive and unique, and a part of the menu is always rotating to showcase seasonal ingredients. A+! We will be back with future guests for the brunch. Sidenote- the brunch menu was very reasonably priced at $8-11 for almost every entree with great portions. The dinner menu however did sound somewhat pricey and I could only see us coming for special occasions to dinner.

Lauren,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your brunch with us. Some of my favorite Lucky 32 dishes are only available on Saturday and Sunday brunch, including the Baked apple French toast! We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I drove to Cary to visit with friends. They suggested Lucky 32 for appetizers and drinks. Atmosphere is awesome. Beautiful interior. Hostess & Wait staff are friendly. I ordered the sweet potato hush puppies & the black bean cakes. Delicious!

Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Marian,

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We are looking forward to future visits. Hope to see you soon!